𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖; 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐝

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:
-𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐉.𝐊 𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫.
-𝐀 '𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡' 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞
-𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬
𝐊𝐄𝐘:
'...' - Thinking
"..." - Talking
"~... ~"- Parseltongue

🐍𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🐍

I was quietly dreading detention tonight. After dinner the Slytherin'a were led back to the dorms by the prefects. As we entered through the hidden door we all split our separate ways and the topic of my detention with professor Quirrell came up.

"Potter" Zabini started but stopped once we turned the Hall. We headed into the dormitory and once Draco, Zambini, and I were settled down he started talking once more.

"What are you going to do about your detention with professor Quirrell? Now that we know that the professor isn't who he says he is, what is he going to do? He must have something planned if he sent Potter two to Snape and you are being forced to stay with him" he started pacing in the midst of him talking. His eyebrows were pulled together, creating a crease. Draco nodded slowly, getting up and walking over.

"Just be careful in what you say.. I can only imagine what he'd do to you if you talked back" I nodded and sighed. Having an idea of how this night was going to go.

"I'll be fine, guys, don't worry" they still looked worried but they let up and relaxed. Later, I made my way out of the Slytherin dormitories and headed to professor Quirrell's office.

"Sir," I call out softly. I try not to be too loud because it was night out.

"In the door to your left, Potter" his voice was smooth and I was surprised. You would think he would try to cover his tracks, keep to the shadows so no one noticed. Though, I bet Dumbledore did know about it. Him being in the school. Draco explained the wards at dinner earlier. Saying that Dumbledore had to know because of the wards, but if he knew, why was he allowing him to stay in the school? I entered the room where the voice of my professor came from and  Quirrell was sitting there grading papers. Once I closed the door he looked up and dropped his quill.

"Sir? Are you alright?" I played an innocent and deceiving game before and it worked. Maybe it'll work again. I put an innocent worried look on my face but his expression remained blank.

"Mr. Potter, sit. I'd like to talk to you." I nod and sort down quietly, trying not to show how non-edged I was. The professor's eyes flashed red once more but did not remain. He started talking again shortly after that.

"Harrison Potter, you have figured out a secret that not many have been able to figure out. I wonder how you can see past the glamor. While weak, it is able to evade the eye of a normal witch or wizard. But you aren't normal, are you? I don't believe you are. While I don't remember much of that night 11 years ago I do remember the baby I tried to kill but ultimately failed, had bright, glowing, green eyes. Just like yours. Your dear brother does not have the eyes I saw that night. My conclusion, dear, Harrison Potter, is that you're the true boy-who-lived. Not your darling spoiled brother" the wizards voice changer in the middle of the speech. His eyes kept flicking back and forth between daunting red and pale blue. I assumed that Voldemort only had half control of his body, therefore, could only do so much while on the body of the beholder.  After his speech finished he waited. I guessed he was waiting for a response but I had no idea what to say.

"I- what? I'm sorry sir, but I don't believe I quite understand what you're Insinuating." His face turned annoyed for a brief moment.

"What do you mean you don't understand? What is there not to understand in what I said. You are the boy-who-lived, not your brother." I nodded and sighed.

"No, no, I got that, but how did Professor Dumbledore not know? I get when it comes to regular magic I'm much more advanced than Charles, but he still is better than me in wizarding customs and familial magic. Even if it doesn't look like it." I knew my argument was weak, but jr was all I could think of. I didn't want to think that I could have turned out like Charles if Albus knew I was the actual boy-who-lived.

"I'm sorry sir. It's all hard to grasp" his face turns from annoyance to a straight face. He nodded and went back to grading. He didn't shoot me so I just sat there for the rest of my detention.

"Don't tell anyone about our conversation Harrison, or I will kill you" he leaned down and whispered the last part, and somehow I knew he meant it. He would kill me if I told anyone.

"Yes, sir. Professor, why did you tell me all this? You had no need to, you could have just killed me like you did all those years ago." I looked at the professor and he was staring at me back. He shook his head and sighed.

"Harrison, I don't think you understand what will be in store for you once Dumbledore realizes who you actually are. I want you to come back to this office in two weeks and we'll continue talking about this situation." I nodded and said my goodbye, though polite, it was very rushed. I just wanted to get back to the dorms, shower, do my nightly routine and sleep. I walked into the dormitory and did just what I thought. After cleaning myself up. After that I read for a while and headed off to sleep. Dreaming about nothing important, but after a while I kept getting flashes of beautiful ruby red eyes in one of my dreams. This was definitely one interesting day, the first day and I already had detention with the Dark Lord.