𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒; 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:
-𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐉.𝐊 𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫.
-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜. 𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭.
-𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐊𝐄𝐘:
'...' - Thinking
"..." - Talking
"~... ~"- Parseltongue
"𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐..." -writing

🐍𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🐍

I had been ordered to be at Quirrell's office at 12 A.M sharp. I arrived, but I couldn't find Quirrell anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he left already, I am two minutes late after all. I walked around his office for a few moments. Trying to see if there were any clear indicators that he was here, but alas there seemed to be none. I walked out of his office to take a peek down the hall and saw him. He was waiting. I felt bad for prowling around his office waiting for him to retrieve me when he was actually waiting just fifty ft down the hall. I exit Quirrell's office and head down the hall, careful to ensure that we aren't caught by anyone. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around with an exasperated look on his face and then sighed.

"You are an imbecile, Harry Potter." He started but never actually finished his whole thought. He just left it at the 'I was an imbecile' train. I nodded slightly, feeling ashamed and we walked off. We traveled up the moving staircase and tried to stay quiet. We achieved this goal and in the end made it to the third floor corridor. We continued to stealth around. He stopped me for a moment and we stared at the door. He opened it quietly and we headed in. The room was a mess. Dust collected everywhere and rats were squeaking and running around.  Quirrell-Voldemort continued walking and we once again stopped at a door. He used a simple  and we entered. Dumbledore honestly believed he could outsmart the Dark Lord? Of course he would think something so outlandishly stupid. That was when we saw our first obstacle. It was a three-headed dog.  Certainly wasn't what I was expecting to go up against tonight. We walked forward and he quietly summoned a harp to ensure that the dog stays asleep. He must've done extensive research on it. Though, before we went he gave a speech on the basic information. Though, there was probably more than he was letting on. Only time could tell, for now. We continued on and once the three-headed dog was lulled to sleep by the beautiful melodies of the harp, my suspicions were proven true. He knew much more than he was letting on. I narrowed my eyes slightly, but once we fell into a small patch of devil's snare my eyes widened. I squirmed a bit to try and escape. My mind was fuzzy and hazy, not remembering the devil's snare to release you. You need to be lax and calm.

"Stop squirming! You're making it worse" Quirrell-Voldemort reached me after a while and once relaxed we were quickly able to escape and make our way to the next task. Which was flying keys. I quickly headed up and was chased until finally seeing a key that matched the door. I spelled it to me and we quickly escaped. The keys behind the door stabbed into it and almost broke it's way through it. I sighed softly, making sure it was quiet. I would never let it show that I was the tiniest bit worried. After I gathered myself, I saw that Quirrell was already a hundred feet ahead of me. I quickly paced myself to catch up and once I did, I noticed we were at another door. We entered once more and saw three potions, centered in the middle of the room. Quirrell walked forward and sniffed each one. He picked up the one on the left and drank it. Nothing occurred, that's a good sign.

"Come, Potter. There is one more obstacle left." He stalked off quickly and entered another room. I looked up and saw his eyes narrow and some crimson swirl in his eyes. A wizarding chess board.

"I'm not good with chess, sir." Quirrell looked down with an eyebrow raised.

"I know how to play, sir, but I cannot claim I am an expert." He nods and sighs.

"I will, then, take control. Do not fret." I nodded as he walked into the middle of the giant chess set. He started to speak and play. Though, I noticed he did not look comfortable playing either. He played for about thirty minutes before all the chess pieces were broken. We proceeded into the next room. Though, I was not prepared for what was coming next.