Chapter 20 : The Last Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Jar

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you find some other unfortunate slut to stick your pathetic d***, huh?" I sweetly answered and that guy was quite taken aback. I took that as my cue and fled to Zoey's side. "Where were you?" Zoey rose a quizzical eyebrow as I fell into her pace.

"Oh, Just socialising." I shrugged.

We started moving down a staircase and the lighting started getting dimmer and the booming sound of the music started reducing. Both Zoey and I were clueless where we were actually moving, simply trusting Seb who was leading us with a smirk on his face.

"Are you taking us to a mafia den?" Zoey paused to ask him and continued climbing down with me. Seb's smirk widened to a fraction as he wordlessly pushed open a door with "Private" written on it in bold red letters. A blast of warm and cozy air hit me and I was speechless on entering the room. It was a very luxurious room that had a dull golden lighting and expensive furnishing with expensive drinks served, so different from the scenario above our heads where cheap booze and scums-of-the-earth visited to shag someone for a night.

"Wow.." I trailed off and looked over to Zoey who mirrored my expression. 

"Cool, huh?" Seb proudly presented and both of us shamelessly stood there gaping at well-dressed men with nude-yet-expensive dressed women flirting with them unabashed. 

"How is there a VIP zone in a practically unreputed bar like this?" Zoey asked Seb in hushed whisper and I nodded to show my concurrence to her. "This ain't no VIP zone" Seb said, his Southern accent taking the better of him, "This is where the illegal gambling takes place. Found this place by a friend who is pretty much into this. The real VIP zone is restricted to people like us." Zoey gasped and muttered, "Illegal?" I ignored Zoey and excitement flickered in my eyes. Ohmigosh! I am soo doing this! 

"That is AWESOME!" I cheered and many heads snapped to our direction.

Seb smirked and did a 'bro-fist' with me, neglecting the fact that I am not exactly a 'bro'. "But tell me, why is VIP zone restricted to us?" I asked him, ignoring Zoey who started show the primary sympoms of a panic. "I don't know. Maybe people like us who earns less than a million dollars are not of worth to them?" Seb offered and I grimly nodded. 

Suddenly, the already dim light dimmed even further and everyone turned to a particular direction as if it was a cue to something. A few got up and strightened their suits and expensive shirts. Like them I darted my eyes to the center of the dark room and out of nowhere a spotlight shone. The spot light shone directly on a man in a navy blue Victorian suit and cap, head bowed down and arms wide opened. All the audience started moving towards the mystery guy like moths attracted to light. I followed the suit, leaving behind Zoey and Seb who were arguing in hushed whispers. Something about the vibes the man emitted dragged me to the front of the crowd. He was well over six feet and my, my, an amazing and powerful body like Adam's. Woah! How did Adam enter into this conversation again?  

"Ladies and Gentlemen, bienvenue! " The guy in front of me drawled in a thick french accent and rose his head.

I felt like getting hit with a sledgehammer. That guy is HOT! Like HANDSOME-HOT! My jaws nearly fell on seeing the apparent-host's handsome face. He had a pale complexion but looks like that of a greek god. His shoulder long, dishwasher blonde hair was tied in a small pony  behind him, letting loose his banks freely. I noticed the ear piercings and the odd necklaces the guy wore, making him look hotter if that ever was possible. 

He ran his blue eyes over the crowd casually yet alerted. Blue eyes like Adams. My mind sang and I abruptly closed down on that thought. What is he got to do here? "Thank you all for gathering here." The man said and the crowd nodded as if eager for him to get on with already, "So, without further adieu, let's begin."