Chapter 19 : The Playboy's Night Plans

Start from the beginning

"It will bring me no losses alright.." I smirked as I continued playing with my pen and looked at it interestingly. "But Mr. Malhotra, here is the thing you are forgetting. We are an MNC. We are profit oriented and will only be interested in anything that profits us." I continued, "Our response to you will depend on your performance..the same goes in the case of our investments. You give me good results, then I will invest. But a few more of hotels that will give me okay results? Sorry, not interested." I said and locked my eyes with those of the man on my screen before I conveniently looked away to the New York City behind me.

"You haave to undrstand, young man." The man began annoyed, "I was going through a lot of family stress lately. My daughter is missing and my social position is threatened. I couldn't concentrate well on the hotel for the past months." I turned around slowly and smirked arrogantly.

"I don't see where I have to be concerned."

The man looked away momentarily, irritated at my calm rejection. "Look, Mr. Malhotra. I will repeat one last time. Give me the result, then I will invest. Sleep tight, Mr. Malhotra." I smirked and disconnected the call. That was when something what that man said hit me hard like a bus.

His daughter is missing? Malhotra? Could that be--? Shut it, Adam! Why am I doing this again and again? I rubbed my jaws in frustration as I fell back. I can't do this. I think I will go insane or something if I continue this way. I had to do something and fast. That was when a mental note that I had kept while coming back from Virginia popped up in my head. I thought over at the next-to-suicide idea over and finally I gave in. I reached out to my phone near by and took a number in my contacts that I haven't dialed in months. The phone started ringing and there was a short russle before a voice answered teasingly.

"Hey, man! Finally, you call the poor old me. I thought you have forgotten my name itself. Remember? I am Aaron Krystals. Ring a bell?"  

"Cut the crap, Aaron." I said deadpan.

***

"Hey man! Long time no see!" Aaron greeted me while pulling me into a manly bear hug. Wen we pulled back, I smiled at him. "You look just as same as the last time I saw you." I commented while smirking when Aaron laughed, burying his hands in his pocket. "And you the same old Adam I know." Aaron said as both of us started walking down the corridor to his living room. 

"Come in." He ushred me inside a huge modern living room with black and white setting. Both of us sat relaxingly down the soft sofa, opposite to each other.

"So? What's with the sudden appearance? Weren't you in California?" He asked crossing his arms casually.

"Yeah. Came here some four months back or this new project." I said as I crossed my leg at calf. Aaron acted as if he was hit by a bullet and said, "Really man? Four freakin' months and now you come to see your buddy? Owch! It hurts.." He comically rolled over in agonizing pain. I laughed at his antics and said, "Work and shit, man." Aaron scrambled up and gave an understanding nod, buying the lie I just told. I could have contacted him earlier but this certain black-haired beauty had to inspire me to do it. Woah! Hold it right there, Adam! Why am I thinking of her AGAIN?!

"So, What's new? Heard you were in the tabloid with that Victoria's Secret model...what was her name? Yeah, Margrett!" He said and I cringed in disgust. He laughed to my reaction and continued, "Jeez, I feel you man. I too dated her once and I know how clingy that b*tch can get." He said and mirrored my own expression

"It was like a few months back, she told she was in love with me and I broke up with her that very second. The neext morning I wake up to find my picture up in every single Tabloids. And I had to dig up this non-existant serious-girlfriend to blow up a cover." I calmly explained and Aaron burst out laughing.

I myself found the whole situation funny. That girfriend is not really non-existant and I am developing unwanted feelings for the woman who played the role of my fake girlfriend. Hold you horses right there, Adam! I nearly wanted to rip my hair apart.

I foucsed on Aaron who now recovered from his laugh. "Ah, man..you are not still not in the game. When you f*** a woman, you let her know her place. One step ahead and you will have to go through all this papprazzi dramas." He advised and I added sarcastically, "Says the Tabloid-prince."

"Hey, I chose to get caught okay? If you get to be in the tabloids all the freakin' time, these teenagers starts to fangirl and utimately my image worth will increase. Its all into fame and money, my dear Adam Lexwood." Aaron presented his plan as if he was Albert Einstien presenting the formula of the theory of relativity to the world. I simply shrugged as I adjusted my cuffs. Suddenly, Aaron jumped up as if he jut came up with another plan. I looked at him quizzically.

"Hey man, I am goin' out to this bar tonight. They have this VIP special rooms and these hot girls. It's pretty infamous one so papprazzis won't be there checking out for rich asses like us. We can get together like old times, what dou you say?" He proposed and I felt the idea quite appealing. I needed a break from this particular raven-haired woman fantasies and a hook-up can just solve the issue. Afterall, I havent gotten laid in quite some time.

"Why not? Say, eight?" I proposed and Aaron's eyes lit up. "Sounds good to me." Aaron smirked and I did the same. I am going out with him again..can't imagine what all are happen.

OMG!!! I am so dead!

Sooooooo.....how was it?? Hey, you guys noticed the modeling pic of Aaron above. Smokin' hot, I say. Anywho, reading this chapter in preview, I noticed some thing. And that thing is how easily thing happening in my real life influences this story. I just came out fresh from Social Science examination and here I actually ended up talking about economics (BTW, an MNC is the short form of Multi-National corporation,i.e, a company that has branches in more than one country). And another resemblance is that today I happened to hear that one of the Einstien's assumption came out proved and BAM! I have Einstien in the storyline (not exaactly, it was actally a simile but still..). 

Anyway, I am not extending my subnote into a