• Chapter Twenty-Three •

"You can do it, Bradley." Emerson whispered to herself as she continued towards the target with Phoenix following behind her.

She heard her boyfriend inhale deeply and let out a slow exhale all before she heard Reuben mutter over comms.

"Jesus, Rooster, not that fast!" The pilot exclaimed and increased his speed to catch up to the single-seater F-18 in front of him.

"That's it, babe, that's it!" The brunette said with a smile before glancing up at the sky.

'Thank you, Uncle Nick.' She thought, knowing full well that her uncle was with her boyfriend in that very moment.

"Alright, let's go." Bradley said.

"Damn, Rooster, take it easy!" Mickey exclaimed, quite surprised at whatever had come over the pilot that made him increase speed so drastically.

"Sir, Dagger Two is re-engaging." The officer onboard the carrier announced.

A smile tugged at the corner of Pete's mouth as he watched the E-2 picture of Bradley's F-18 increase in speed.

"That's it, kid, that's it!" He mumbled also while silently thanking his best friend.

"Alright, now hit your target and come home." Admiral Simpson stated.

"Thirty seconds to target

"Thirty seconds to target." Emerson announced. "Bob, check your laser."

"Laser is a go, Deathwing." The WSO responded as he readied the laser for target lock.

"Watch your heads!" Bradley's voice echoed over comms, signaling to the brunette that he had just passed the bridge.

"Holy shit!" Mickey exclaimed. "Shit, shit!"

The female pilot couldn't help but release a small scoff of amusement "Sissies." She teased.

"Payback, you with me?" Bradley quizzed.

"Right behind you." Reuben responded.

Knowing that Bradley would soon catch up, the brunette trained her eyes on their fast-approaching climb up the mountain.