Chapter 70: Bloody Inspired

The Glade was still for a second. No one moved. Gally was frozen, his eyes wide and mouth clamped shut. Every muscle in his body tense and wound up. He stood staring at the three of us.

"I dare you." I hissed at Gally. "Please. Please I dare you. Try it."

Gally moved. And then chaos erupted. His builders jumped toward and the guys who were in on the mutiny broke from the crowd.

A few guys tried to lung at me, but I turned towards them grabbing one around the waist and twisting making him flip. As I twisted, I slammed my boot into the other guys face. I heard a crunch. The guy I grabbed, ha landed with a loud omph on his back, knocking the wind out of him. I landed in a kneeling position.

"Stay down." I hissed. "It makes this easier."

I spun around as another guy tried to grab me. Ducking my head in the process I used one knife in my hand and cut the calf if the guy- it wasn't deep, he could still walk, but it was enough to make him crumble.

Standing up, I held both knifes up and ready. Teresa had taken out two guys, Newt had knocked a guy out, same Fry. Winston had a guy held tight, a huge butcher knife held to his throat. Minho had stepped up his machete held at the back of Gally's neck.

"Enough." I roared.

The Gladers all settled. The Builders were rolling and groaning on the ground. Minho slowly walked around to the front of Gally. Minho's dark eyes flashed dangerously.

"It's over." He hissed. Slowly he backed up, to stand beside me. Still holding his knife.

"Winnie, let the idiot go. He's not worth it."

"Fine." He grumbled and moved his knife from his neck and shoved him away. Winston, Fry, Newt, Jeff and Clint stepped forwards and around the guys on the ground and came to join our group. I whistled loudly, and Chuck came running from the Deadheads. He stood behind us.

"You're all full of surprises, aren't you?" sneered Gally.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance." Thomas called.

"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you-" Gally tried to calm the crowd of Gladers.

Thomas cut him off, "No! We're not TRYING to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared. Tess is scared! Doubt Jessie is scared, nothing scares her."

I growled, and narrowed my eyes.

"But I'd rather risk my life out there than live the rest of it in here!" He continued. I nodded sharply in agreement.

"We don't belong here. This isn't our home. We were put here. We were sent here. At least, out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that. Jessie knows that, she followed the Grievers, it's our way out."

"Even Alby knew that, in the end. His last words were: Get out." I added, gravely.

"Wait...you saw Alby?"

"I tried. I tried to get him back. His last words were get them out. So here I am. Offering you a one time chance. Come now or stay and die."

Phil hesitated and then came over. In the end I counted 45 Gladers who joined our group. Only leaving Gally, and his builders.

"I'm sorry, Gally, it's over." Thomas said sadly. 

I saw the fear behind Gally's stone exterior. I wasn't sure if it was the possibility of him being controlled, or if his fear was from his memories...or he was just a coward. I growled and tried one more time
As much as I hated the guy, I didn't want anyone left behind, this was a horrible place and anyone who stayed was guaranteed a gory and gruesome death.