Chapter 35: Whole

•×•

🌶️Spicy spicy kissy scene 🌶️
Children you have been warned- Thank

I was running the maze halls. Turn after turn nothing was different. Grey stone wall after grey stone wall. I could feel the heavy weariness setting in. I turned another corner and slammed to a stop. I hit something so hard I fell back.

Sitting up and shaking my head I froze. Dead filled me like ice in my veins. I couldn't move, paralyzed by fear.

She was standing there.

She stood staring straight at me. She looked the same as the night I killed her. Brown curly ringlets messy from sleep, big brown eyes wide in shock and pain. And her pink pajamas, stained bright red, my knife still in her little chest.

She stood in the middle of the maze hall staring at me. Panic set in, I felt it. But I couldn't move. Before I could make my body move she spoke. It was quiet and small her voice, but it was dead. It was lifeless.

"Where is it?"

"Where's what?" My voice was hardly above a whisper. I was surprised I actually got words out.

"Where is it? I lost it."

I felt tears forming in my eyes. They blurred my vision.

"Do you mean... your teddy bear?"

"I lost it."

"I gave it to your brother." I cried,

I somehow managed to get to my knees. I was leaning on whatever invisible wall I slammed into, my hands pressed to it, tears ran down my face. Pressing my forehead onto the glass I cried.

"You did this."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I cried harder. Shame and guilt hit me like cold titlewaves. I was drowning in it, I couldn't breathe.

The girl shook her head making her curls bounce.

"Please! Please forgive me! Please! They made me! HE made me! I'm sorry!" I was crying so hard I was choking and gasping.

"Look after him."

I nodded furiously, "yes! I will! I am! I'm sorry!"

"Don't break that promise..."

I held my head and cried pressing my forehead into my knees.

"Jessie, don't cry Love, it's just a dream."

I looked up confused. Sonya was standing in the girls spot. I reached out and my hand hit the invisible wall.

"Sonya? What... what...?"

She folded her arms across her chest, and a frown pulled her lips down.

"You bloody left us!" She spat bitterly, "I thought we were closer than sisters. I guess I'm buggen' replaceable. You left us. Left me!"

"No! That's not true!" I cried desperately, I was banging on the invisible wall. "I tried! I tried coming back! I really did! Sonya please!"

"No. You bloody left me. It's time I left you."

She turned around and walked down the hall and disappeared around the corner. I sat empty, staring at the place where she disappeared. When I looked back I saw Winston and Newt huddled on the ground terrified looks of horror on their faces. Their mouths wide open in a silent scream.