"Don't know. I was talking with someone when a man approached me, I didn't turn to see his face, but he asked me furiously - 'Where is Samaira?' I replied you were with Rahul, he muttered something and went away."

"Might be someone from the newspaper. Let it go."

"Wait Vaidehi. At least let me take a pic and kindly smile. See what happened, it happened. Crying will not change it. I'm not saying anything about your relationships, but at least be happy today. This is a dream for every girl - to dress up like this and enjoy her day. So, keep all the worries in my pocket for a moment and smile like you own the world." Avika took out her phone and captured some of my pictures in all the pose I used to tell them about.

"Ho gaya tum dono ka? Aur kitna gobbar bharogi iske dimaag mein. Ye vaise hi mandbuddhi hai, tum dono ki chal mein phas jaati hai. Pehle pata hota to iska aas paas bhi na phatakne deti tumhe. Phir aise din to nahi dekhne padte. Baap ki jaagir samaj rakhi hai.Bhagwan jaane kaunse paap kiye the isne.." She face-palmed herself, and Samaira moved forward. I knew she was going to say something. I gestured for her to stop, but she wasn't going to listen to anyone now.

(" Are you both done now? How much more nonsense will you fill in his mind? She's already foolish enough to get caught up in your tricks. If I had known earlier, I wouldn't have let you anywhere near her. Then we wouldn't have to witness such days. She has taken this place as her father's property. God knows what sins she committed..")

"Hmm.. Main bhi wahi soch rahi thi. Same, same, Aunty ji," she circled around her. "Kaunse paap kiye the Vaida tune? Aise Ma-baap aur bhai mile hai. Agla baar Ganga snan kar lena kuch papiyo se to piccha chhut hi jayega. Jo bhi ho, baatein aap acchi banati hain, CM ki biwi hoti na to jail jaane par aap CM banti. Bad Luck Aunty ji. Vaise suna hai Uncle pe kuch cases hain? Tch, tch.. koi help chahiye ho to batana, newspaper mere baap ka hai aapke nahi."

("Hmm.. I was thinking the same thing. Same, same, Aunty ji," she circled around her. "What sins did you commit, Vaidehi? You got such parents and a brother. Next time, take a dip in the Ganges to wash away some sins, you might get rid of your troubles. Whatever it is, your talks make things interesting. If you were the wife of a CM, you would become the CM  if he went to jail. Bad Luck, Aunty ji. By the way, I've heard there are some cases against Uncle? Tch, tch.. if you need any help, let me know, the newspaper belongs to my father, not yours.")

"Aise lagti hai muh kholte hi zeher ugalti hai ye," my mother remarked disdainfully.

(It seems like venom spews out as soon as she opens her mouth)

"Aisa kya? Aap mar kyu nahi jati mere zeher se? Oh! Aadat hogi na, zeher peene aur pilane ki?" Samaira retorted, turning to me after giving a mocking smile to my mother. "I should be going, Vaidehi. I am allergic to bitches. Sorry, sweetheart, I will meet you at the mandap."

(What's that? Why don't you die from my venom? Oh! Must be used to drinking and serving poison, right?)

She walked towards the gate and stopped in front of my mother, folding her hands in a polite manner to greet. "Kindly don't bless me. I've heard bitches are evil-eyed."

And with that, she stormed out in fury. My mother would intentionally say something because she never liked Samaira's presence. She felt Samaira would give me bad habits.

I walked down the aisle, but it didn't feel like the dream. I was nervous, feeling the weight of all the eyes focused on me. His family looked at me with hope, expecting me to fit into the image of the perfect daughter-in-law they wanted.

But I don't know anything. I feel like a fool. A total fool.

Sitting beside the person who is soon to be my husband—Sanskaar Singh Suryavanshi—I already feel a cold aura around him. After all, who would want to marry me wholeheartedly? They wouldn't have sent the proposal if they had known about Shlok.