CHAPTER 23

3rd Person's Pov

Kairi is waiting for Aleah at the lobby. He was glancing at the elevator from time to time, he had already sent a message to Aleah three minutes ago and she hadn't read it yet. He was nervous as he saw that Aleah had seen his text. He took a deep breath and shook his left leg to brush off the uneasy feeling.

He hadn't noticed the person behind him, calling his name;

"Kairi, hey." She tapped his shoulder. He jolted a little and turned to look at her quickly. He was a bit disappointed when it was Maria. "Are you waiting for someone?" she asked.

Kairi nods. "I'm waiting for Aleah." Maria hummed and 'oh'.

"She's on her way, I just bumped into her not long ago. Gotta go, see yah." She waved and dashed out. Kairi pursed his lips and clasp his hands together and sighed.

'I think I'm going to hyperventilate because of my rapid heart race.' He thought. He tried to think of ways to reduce his nervousness until Aleah arrived.

"Hi, sorry for the wait." She apologized as she greeted Kairi.

He shrugs. "It's all right, don't worry." He assured her which made her smile.

"Let's go then?" he nodded, and they walked towards the exit.

"What movie are we going to watch?" She asked when they are seated in the car.

"Madam Web. I heard it was cool so I figured you might like it." he answered. Aleah squints her eyes.

"What if I don't like it?" She provokes. Kairi broke a sweat.

"Um... We won't know until you watch it?" He was unsure of his answer. Aleah laughed at his reaction.

"Don't be too tense. I was only joking, I didn't expect that you would have a different answer from what I had imagined." Kairi scratch his nape out of nervousness.

"Oh, what were you expecting then?"

"I was expecting that you would ask me what would I prefer then." She chuckled. "I like your answer though, it proves that you really stick to what you had planned for us today." Kairi smiled.

"Thank you, I am a bit nervous about it though." He confessed.

"Why would you be nervous? It's not like I'm going to give you a hard time."

'it's not that, I'm with you, the girl I like.' He wanted to say it but couldn't because it would be awkward and might give her a hard time instead. He remained silent instead.

Aleah noticed that he wanted to say something but didn't ask him because he might get uncomfortable. She just let it slide and changed the topic instead.

When they arrived, the first thing that Aleah noticed was that there are already popcorn prepared for them, hosts guiding them to the theatre, and have the best seats for them. She stared at Kairi in suspicion.

"Did you prepare that much in a short amount of time?"

He scratched his nape. "I have friends who helped me with it. I guess you could say it's a team effort." Aleah chuckled. She didn't see it coming. "I was worried that you might be uncomfortable if there are random people who will watch with us."

"Oh no, I don't really mind." She was startled. Kairi sighed in relief because of that.

They both went silent as the movie started to roll. She is surprised of the movie flashing because it is one of her most wanted Movies to watch. She looked at him.

"How did you know that this is one of my most wanted movies to watch?"

"I asked Joanna, and this is what she recommends to me. she also advised me that horror movies are blacklisted in your movie set list."

Aleah blinked at him. She didn't expect that Kairi was considerate to their 'date'. She felt overwhelmed and her cheeks heated up.

"You've really thought it through, huh?" she told him. She didn't want to spoil the mood but Kairi's gestures felt like he likes her. "Tell me, why would you go so far to know about me? do you like me?" She asked him.