CHAPTER 7

3rd person's Pov

"Remember not to take off your glasses. Always stay at Alodia's side alright?" Aleah heard enough of Linda's nagging that she just spaced out and heard a honking sound.

"Here she is, alright then, take care." Linda waved at Aleah as she goes inside the car.

"Good morning, have you ate breakfast?" Alodia greeted as Aleah was seated comfortably.

"A little. Have you?" Alodia shook her head. "Should we grab breakfast then?"

"There's a free brunch there so I'll just grab them at the conference." She answered.

"Wow, I didn't expect that."

"Well, mlbb treat us well." Alodia chuckled. "By the way, I'll be meeting some of my old friends there. Is it alright if I introduce you to them? Or would you prefer to hide your identity?"

"Umm... my manager said that I should not attract any attention. And I think by meaning friends, you're pointing out with the Blacklist team, right?" Alodia nodded.

"What about it?" she asked.

"You already know that I've rejected their offer to be their model. It would be a slap on their faces if I suddenly showed up with you. I feel guilty." She nudged and played with her index fingers. Alodia chuckled and patted her head.

"it will be fine. They won't take it to heart. I was informed that they had picked a model now. Well, that was on sudden impulse of the officers. Also, it's not your fault that moonton had already sent out an invitation for you, and you've probably want to just enjoy the bootcamp than working, right?"

"Yeah, I also have a bunch of workloads lining up on the following days. I can't just suddenly cancel it especially when it's Prada." She sighed. Alodia also nodded and crossed her arms.

"I wouldn't miss it because it's Prada you know."

They shortly arrived at the presscon building. They were greeted by the staff that will take care of them.

"Greetings! Miss Alodia and miss?" The staff was confused.

"She's a friend of mine that I have invited. No worries." The staff nodded and guided them inside the building. They were welcomed by the reporters and Aleah was urging not to laugh at Alodia's professional face. She hid her face until they were inside the room designated.

"Ugh, I wish they would stop pushing." Alodia sighed in frustration. Aleah caressed her shoulder for comfort.

"That's the life of a celebrity. I can't believe I have a celebrity friend. Should I flex you on my Instagram for clout?" Aleah joked; Alodia playfully slaps her arm.

"Don't start me, you're more famous than I am." Aleah grinned and sat down.

A knock from the door could be heard and Alodia gestured to the staff to let that person in. But that person multiplied and there were like a group of them welcoming Alodia. Aleah could see some familiar faces because of TikTok and her, studying about the upcoming bootcamp event made her learn about some of the professional players and their backgrounds. As they are busy talking to each other, Aleah noticed the person who is wearing Yellow. He is familiar and from what she had remembered, he plays in Indonesia, and Yellow signifies Onic.

"I see that Kairi is here." And that had concluded Aleah's guess. It is Kairi.

"Hi Boss Alodia." Kairi greeted. Aleah could tell why he is picked as one of the handsome pro-gamers in the e-sports industry. He has his charms that can draw people to him.

"Kairi are you going to join Blacklist?" she immediately asked. Kairi's eyes were shaken and he immediately shook his head.

"No boss, but, maybe someday?" He teased them. "Just kidding!" They all laughed.

"Maybe I should steal Kairi from Onic if he wants to rejoin us. Wise wanted you so badly after all." Kairi awkwardly chuckled at the comment of Boss Tryke.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. That could cause chaos and feud between managements of ours." Kairi said. He is nervous when it comes to this kind of conversation. He didn't want to cause a huge commotion about it.

"Well, we are still waiting for your decision, remember that our door is welcome." Boss Tryke patted his shoulder.

"Yeah right, you might want to sign up Kairi for a commercial just like Dlar." Alodia suddenly joked. That made the whole room laugh. Well, Aleah could only silently laugh at their conversation. She didn't want to spoil the mood so she slowly walked towards the exit. When she was just a step away from the door, Alodia saw her and called her attention.

"And where do you think you're going missy? Hm?" Aleah pursed her lips and turned around.

"Um, to get some fresh air?" she nervously replied as all of their eyes are on her. Alodia grinned.

"Linda texted me not to take my eyes off of you." She said. "By the way, these are my friends and my former colleagues." She named them one by one until it's her turn. "And everyone, this is the person that rejected your offer." She teased them. Boss Tryke had a hunch about who she is. "This is Aleah in the flesh." Silence filled the room as they were processing it.