Chapter 9

"Are you okay?" Echo asked Omega once he had finished hugging his twin. She looked up shyly and nodded. 

"Do you think he's going to return?" Fives turned to Jesse who shrugged, he had been chatting to Rex who had told them of what happened to Kix, the medic had just entered with a grinning Hardcase who had appeared in front of the medic, Kix had almost had a heart attack himself. But he couldn't help but run at Jesse who pulled him in tightly, Kix latched onto his armour. Jesse smiled, kissing his head and pulling him in tighter. Echo smiled watching their reunion. 

"Let's hope so," Jesse whispered to Fives, who nodded. 

"He'll return just give him time" Anakin interrupted, his eyes landing on Omega who grinned at him from her place in Wreckers arms. 

"Who?" Echo asked, confusion mirrored the rest of the batches faces. Anakin, Fives and Jesse only shared a smile as did Hardcase who was being yanked into a hug by Rex, the captain in shock that his brothers had returned. 

"So, where's the good old commander Cody?" Fives decided to switch the conversation. Rex froze as did Obi-wan, both of them didn't even know where the former Marshall Commander was. 

Anakin watched both their faces twist only to grin, he had an arm around Ahsoka. 

"Relax Cody's safe"

"How do you know that?" Rex turned to his former general. 

"The Shadow told me" 

Fives grinned at all their confused faces. 

"Do you mean the Tale of the Shadow?" Wrecker asked, he knew it felt familiar to say it so he just spoke his mind. Hunter, Tech and Echo looked at him in confusion as Fives grinned watching their faces hear familiar words. 

"Yes…one where the light is the reason for the darkness returning amongst the shadows" Hardcase grinned as he spoke as a light like no other glowed in front of them all and a portal opened.

Out stepped armour that was silver and had yellow streaks down it. The armour looked destroyed while another stepped through and out came armour that was broken in places but was now purple with red bits in it. Silver streaks went down parts of it and on the hip of the figure was a little boy clutching a teddy close to their chest. 

"Cody…"

"Cro-ss-hair?" Tech stuttered, the name and memories came back to reality. Omega wasted no time in sprinting over, she threw herself at Crosshair who held her tightly. Cody took the small boy and watched the mother and daughter reunion. Omega laughed when words had her hugging the man's hips while the little boy appeared in his mother's arms. 

"Did you do it?" Crosshair muttered, his throat on fire. Omega nodded, she pulled on his hand and gestured to where Sorsons body was. He kneeled beside it and placed a hand against the skin which was finally cold to touch, he smiled and with the flash of his hand the bodies of those departed were gone including his mother.

"The diminish of the dark can now live through the shadow protecting the lights" 

Omega grinned understanding as she hid her face in Crosshairs leg just as light shone in every direction. Crosshair smirked as he covered his children's faces and closed his own eyes for a few seconds before he turned around and found everyone staring at him.

"Do we know you?" Rex asked. 

Crosshair sighed, he patted Omega's head as she smiled at him. 

"You did once but that was a long time ago" Crosshair managed to push his voice to speak, it was on fire. A curse he had placed on himself.