Chapter 5

2 Years Later…

A smirk fell on his features as he watched his only daughter run around with his lovers. All of them relaxing by the spring, a place they had all found during the war, it held a beauty like no other, a waterfall into two volcanic springs. They had welcomed him to join them but he hadn't been feeling the greatest and instead went for a lie down. But after a three hour nap, they expected him to join them but he still felt exhausted, he didn't understand what was wrong until he found himself vomiting for the sixth time in the hour. 

"Osik…" he muttered in a quiet curse as he borrowed Techs scanner from the shelf and entered the medical part they had on the ship. Tech and Echo had installed it after the amount of times they all got injured plus it was beside Omega's bunk, the little two year old had to be watched by them all.

His mind snapped awake at the beeping noise of the scanner, his eyes narrowed when he found the reason for his sudden illness. 

"Dammit" his second curse was heard by little ears, he hadn't realised that his daughter had come looking for him. So he was surprised when he heard a new word and knew one thing, Hunter and Echo would kill him especially since they all scolded Tech for his swearing. 

"Da-mn!" 

Crosshair whipped around at the sweet innocent voice only to pale. Little Omega grinned up at him and before he could say anything, she ran out of the ship and shouted "DAMN!" 

All heads turned to the little girl who just giggled repeating the word on a cycle that Echo turned to glare at Tech, the engineer only raised an eyebrow from his place beside him. Hunter and Wrecker shared a look trying to get Omega to snitch. 

"Omega, who said that naughty word?" Echo asked in a soft tone, Omega only grinned. 

"Mama" 

All heads turned to see Crosshair who was leaning against the doorway of the Marauder with a scowl on his face. His lovers knew something, the marksman of the group wasn't happy about something. Wrecker looked amongst his lovers who sighed, "Tech".

"Fine" the engineer climbed to his feet, he was about to walk over when another ship came into land and the batch got defensive. 

Omega squeaked when she ended up in Wreckers arms while Hunter held a knife at the ready. 

"Stand down it's just Rex" 

Echo's reassuring voice calmed them all especially when Rex exited his craft with none other than Gregor and Kix, the medic smiled at Echo who yanked him into a hug. The medic was on constant watch especially since he had only been unfrozen a year and half ago and was finally able to use every part of his body especially after his struggle with one of his feet. But thankfully Rex knew a certain Jedi who wasted no time in helping her favourite medic. 

"Do we ask what you have for us now?" Echo smiled watching Omega run over to Gregor who threw her in the air and caught her with ease. Wrecker grinned while Hunter winced. 

"We do have a mission for you but we wanted to check if everything was alright with you, since one of you logged a medical call" Rex said with a smile, passing a small teddy to Omega who took it with a grin. 

"Huh, medical call?" Wrecker turned to look at Hunter who shrugged. Both Echo and Tech wore confused looks until someone cleared their throat. 

"I sent one" Crosshair grunted out, he looked paler than normal. Kix nodded, gesturing to the ship. Crosshair nodded, slipping past his partners and into Rex's ship. 

About thirty minutes later the two emerged to find the batch standing in worry while Rex and Gregor caught them up on anything they had missed.

"Is everything alright?" Tech whispered, Crosshair tried to nod he really did but they could all see his tremble in his body.