Chapter 7

“Cross-hair?” 

The marksman turned only to find himself on his back, Rex had punched him full force and his body had been jolted back in the process, thankfully his powers shielded his body but he only expected one hit, however when he tried to climb back to his feet. Another slammed into his chest and one into his stomach, he slumped over in agony. He barely heard Hunter, Wrecker and Tech’s shouts as his thoughts darkened and he couldn’t help himself. The next fist that came, he caught, flipped the individual over and slammed a hand against their neck making them choke before he took on the next individual and did the same. By the third, he was caught off guard and a violent punch to his rib had a cracking noise which stopped all action. Crosshairs armour had cracked under the force and he had broken at least one rib. 

“Oh…my….I didn’t….mean…to….” one of the clones stuttered especially when Crosshair yanked his helmet off and his eyes glowed a red like no other. 

“Bring back those who were hidden amongst the safety of those waiting on their selfish embodies. Without the death of the sight, open via the portal to the wolfpack” 

His words were so-cold as none other than a portal opened and out came Wolffe, the commander was in shock seeing those thought to be dead. Crosshair ignored the gasps of the clones and Rex, followed by the silent batch as he stalked away from them all and performed a check over himself. He sighed when a small heartbeat pulsed next to his hand, thank the universe because if…he couldn’t think that way. Glancing over his shoulder he noticed Rex, Gregor and the group of clones were chatting with Wolffe and some missing clones while the batch were discussing something within their small group. It was clear to him that it was the end. So with a flicker of his hand, he made the shields surrounding the Marauder vanish correctly and climbed aboard.

Seeing his daughter had him smiling, he pulled her close into his arms before he watched her run for her dads who all were glad to see her but also shocked to see her. 

“We need to talk to him” Echo grunted out, Hunter nodded.

“Yes, before something else happens” Wrecker added, Tech smiled while holding Omega on his hip. 

“Batch, a word” Rex’s anger still in his tone, Hunter gestured for Rex to speak, the captain wasted no time, “From now on Crosshair isn’t welcome in the rebellion. If we come across him without any of you around, he will be seen as traitor to the rebellion and I can’t promise his life will be saved” Rex’s words had all their eyes widening. Hunter went to argue when another spoke up. 

“We understand, Rex. Don’t worry, I’m sure we can handle him” Echo spoke like the markman meant nothing to him. The batch frowned, however another just cried inwardly. 

“Echo!” Hunter’s anger was all over the place, he didn’t know who was in the wrong anymore. Thankfully someone had thought this all out. It would eventually fall back on them all but for now, it would be easier. 

“Hunter, don’t” Crosshairs voice had them all turning to see the marksman, he looked to be in pain but none of them said anything. 

“What do you want?! Haven’t you caused enough pain” the clone that held the anger, was nicknamed Grumpy. 

“Not yet….but I don’t want to cause anymore pain so I have a question for you all” Crosshair watched their faces twist including the ones he called his partners. 

“Go on…can’t be any worse than what you have done” Gregor snarled out, the marksman sighed looking straight at Omega who giggled at him. 

“Do any of you know what the curse of ‘the tale of the shadow’ is?”