Flashback

| Flashback |

"Mama, Papa... Sis."

Tears streamed down Kakavasha's cheeks as he thought of his family, the memories of their unfortunately temporary happiness. Bright eyes, and their loving smiles. Flashing upon his teary eyes that was once a gaze filled with happiness. A bitter pain when his crystal tears dropped, that felt like slicing onions, well it's more painful than that.

"Kakavasha, where did you go... A-are you injured?!"

His sister called, in a worried tone.

"I got it back, Sister." Said, Kakavasha.

"You went to look for them...? That's too dangerous! It's just a necklace. It's neither food nor water. We can survive without it..."

-"But I can't live without you, little brother... Promise me not to look for those Katicans again, okay?"

Said, his sister. Her voice filled with worry, then following up with a relief behind her sigh as she spoke.

"Sister, don't be afraid. The Katicans are fools, but I'm smart. I played a 'game' with them, and I won!"
-
-
-
-"You're a child blessed by Gaiathra Triclops and can lead the clan to happiness. So, always remember to protect yourself and never resent the pain and poverty you're going through... All right?"

"..."

-"Listen to me, and swear to Gaiathra Triclops."

"...Okay. I will swear to Gaiathra Triclops to protect this 'wealth'..."

...
...
...

"But Sister... If Gaiathra Triclops was really watching over us..."

-"Then why did SHE not protect Dad when he was swept away by the quicksand...?"

Blur.

The memory faded away, his eyes blinking once to see himself lowering his head infront of a man;

"So, No. 35, you're back. Like your new lucky charm?"

The male spoke, his tone of mockery towards the disheveled Aventurine in a narrow cage, worn a torn gray shirt that revealed his scarred shoulder. And the crimson 'tattoo' on his neck.

"Can a 'commodity code' really be considered a lucky charm?" Aventurine questioned with his hair strands covering his eyes.

-
"Silence. I didn't give you permission to speak, you Sigonian hound." The male hissed, his patience wearing thin from the slave.

"..."

-
-

"You're just a chip, a life thrown away in someone else's hands."
-

"Either you come back with more chips for your master, or you never come back-"

A large blast interrupted, swarming its way upon the male and inflicted itself around him. Causing him to grief in pain, and the cell damaged.

Before he could ever react, the damaged cell opened an entrance for him to get out. His eyes widen in surprise, non-expectant in the least.

"What..."

He looked towards the source of the explosion, the smoke hiding the mastermind of the incident.

A woman reveals herself as she walked in, her eyes empty towards the place. She looked, as if an abandoned statue. Waiting for someone to clean her.

His eyes look through hers, his curiosity piqued the more seconds pass.

The woman's eyes look up from the ground, staring at the slave in a damaged cell she 'unintentionally' freed.

"Who are you?" Asked, Aventurine. An unfamiliar feeling filled his body;

'Love' was what he'd thought. But,
it turned out to be 'obsession'.