Chapter 2

A week after the incident I joined the Army of Falkor along with 30 other kids who were all in-between five and ten years old. We were the new trainees of the IIA division, the Integration, Information and Assassin's Division. We were trained for five years on individual strength, speed, agility, swordsmanship, aim and academics, until we got admitted into our separate squads which is when we start working on teamwork and formations. Depending on the first five years, we have a chance to become captain of one of the five squads by being one of the top five trainees. I was admitted as the captain of my squad with my squad mates being Lefu Khaylon, Nuri Sarka, Visha Nithe, Melodie Nox and Favion Gunvor. There are 5 squads of six and we were appointed as the Void squad. For the next five years, our mission is to study as much as we can about the surface, drill and train with our squad till our formations are perfected and develop unyielding trust in one another. Currently, we are on the void squads first mission, tho it's not the kind of mission we've been training for. After all, I'm only 13 and we are still young, not that age is an issue in the Army of Falkor, but the offensive trainees didn't go out on the field until they near the end of their growth to diminish the risk of them being over powered by older and bigger enemies. Due to this fact, this mission is only an imitation. I snap out of my thoughts as i hear footsteps coming this way. I adjust my position so that i can defend if its an attack, while seeming like I didn't notice anything. I waited silently, staring up at the Novalamari Magnoliophyta illuminating the roof of the cavern as I surveilled the approaching footsteps from the corner of my eye. The plants shook as the being got closer and as I saw the shadow of a figure appear I griped the hilt of my sword, preparing myself, but then a voice stopped me. "I'm back! I got plenty of food and medical herbs for us!" I relaxed as I saw that there was no threat and it was just one of my new squad mates. "Next time give some kind of signal that it's you, alright Melodie? I though you were an enemy." She widened her eyes slightly and then lowered her head, tugging the edge of her sleeve looking downcast. "Sorry Captain, what should i do to signal that I'm not an enemy?" I thought for a little but then realized that it was a bad idea. "Never mind. It's probably a bad idea to have a signal that can be imitated by our enemy's. We'll just have to memorize each others foot patterns." "I agree with captain. It will take more time to do so but it is the safest option." Interjected a new voice. "I didn't realize you were awake Visha." I said, curious as to how long she's been awake. "Only Lefu and Nuri were actually sleeping Captain." Favion informed me as he sat up from his horizontal position. "Not with all yer yapen." Nuri said groggily, having been woken up by their talking. "Someone wake Lefu so that we can commence the operation." I ordered, becoming serious. "I got it" Nuri said as she got up and walked over to Lefu. She stood there for a second then took a deep breath. "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!!" "ACK! I'm up! What's the situation" Lefu said, still half asleep and prepared to defend from an enemy attack. "Calm down Lefu. Nuri took the task of waking you when I asked someone to do so. there aren't any threats at the moment." I told him as he glanced around to spot anything out of place. When he heard my words he did as i said and relaxed. He slowly turned until he was facing Nuri. I kept silent, observing and preparing to intervene in the events were a fight broke out. I saw out of the corner of my eye that my squad mates were ready to intervene at my command as well. Lefu walked up to Nuri and stopped an arms length in front of her. Then breathed in a deep breath and whispered. "Are you out of your mind?" He snapped his head up and started yelling. "I COULD HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK YOU SIREN!" "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!?"  I relaxed as I realized Nuri and Lefu were only bickering and that there were no serious issues in between them. My squad mates relaxed as well and went to prepare their supplies for the day.