F O U R

Hayden was desperately trying to hold herself together. She was terrified. The blonde-haired man had told her not to struggle, the more she moved the more the ropes would tear into her skin. She didn't need to be told twice. She tried to calm herself but her scratchy restraints that dug into her kept bringing her back to reality. Blaine's voice caused another panic attack to roll through her as his first words asked about her. She wondered what he had said to Silas, or if he was even still alive. For all she knew, Blaine had killed him and she would have to take on whatever deht Silas created for himself.

She kept waiting for the car to come to a final stop, her position making her more car sick than usual. It had felt like hours had gone by before the car came to a stop and shut off. Doors opened and closed on both sides, then another by her head. Large hands grabbed her from underneath her arms and pulled her out. She wasn't sure who it was but they tossed her carelessly over their shoulder and began walking to wherever it was they were. Hayden's stomach was clenching with nausea. She kept waiting to wake up, kept hoping she had fallen asleep on the bench outside her work and that she was having a horrible dream.

"Bring her up to the room next to mine. You can untie her but make sure you lock the door when you leave."

She recognized that voice as Blaine's, that must mean the other man was holding her. The man responded with a nod, then brought her up a set of stairs. Her stomach bumping into his shoulder with each step up. She feared she might vomit all over this man's back. She groaned, her ears picking up the sound of a door being opened. She was extremely grateful when he set her down on what she assumed was the edge of a bed. The first thing he removed was her blindfold, then the cloth around her mouth. She licked her lips for moisture then let her eyes take in the room she was in. It was massive, at least to her it was. The bed was king size with a silky white comforter, a huge headboard made of intricate silver metal bars, and tons of plush pillows. There was a door to the right side of the room, which she guessed was a bathroom. The other side of the room had a small sitting area set up with two armchairs and an end table between them. Also on that side of the room was a long closet door. Once her eyes had rotated around the entire room, she returned them to the man in front of her who was staring at her, making her blush lightly.

"Sorry this had to happen to you." He seemed genuine, but she couldn't find her words to say anything to him.

He pulled out his knife again and cut through the ropes that were binding her. He made sure to pick up the bits of rope and the cloths, then slipping his knife back into his pocket. Her arms ached from being in an awkward position for so long and each spot that had been tied was now red and irritated.

"Listen carefully." Her eyes slowly lifted to meet his hazel eyes. "Don't try to escape. You won't be able to. But more importantly, don't piss off Blaine. As you saw with your brother, he has a hell of a temper. He won't beat you the shit out of you like he did to Silas, but he will punish you."
Hayden nodded her head to show she understood, although she had already assumed that about Blaine. The man didn't offer any other information or say anything else. He stood up and turned his back to her as he left the room. He pulled the door opened, glanced back at her one last time, then shut the door as he stepped out. She heard a soft clicking noise, signaling the door was locked and she was stuck in this room. She couldn't stop the sob that tore through her, she didn't want to be here and she didn't know what was going to happen to her. Even though the room seemed extremely extravagant, she was scared to death. She laid down at the end of the bed and pulled her knees up to her chest. Her tears continuing to roll down her cheeks, her mind mulling over why in the world Silas would need to borrow money from someone. She ran circles in her head, nothing sounding reasonable to her. Her tears had eventually dried as she began to fade in and out of consciousness.

Blaine was sitting in his office on the phone with a business call, the man on the other end irritating him with all the excuses he was trying to give. When Grayson walked in. Blaine watched as the man sat down on one of the chairs and waited for him. He turned his back to him and stood up to walk over to the window behind his desk.

"We'll finish this conversation later; I have another problem to deal with right now." He didn't give the man on the other end a chance to reply. With the call ended, he slipped the phone into his pocket and turned to look at his second-hand man.

"She's terrified." Grayson sighed heavily. "I don't like this Blaine. You should have finished it with that idiot, he is fully aware of the agreement he made. Grayson shook his head: he had never liked Silns.

"He owes me a lot of money." Blaine ran a hand over his beard. "Besides, if we had gone in there to kill him we would have had to kill her as well."

Grayson didn't look pleased with his answer, but he didn't care. This wasn't his business or his job. It was Blaine's. It pissed him off: He was the one who called the shots. He walked around his desk and leaned against the front of it with his arms crossed over his chest. He briefly thought of Hayden, he had no idea what he was

going to do with her but he knew what he wanted to do to her.

"I need you to seal the deal with Ramorez. He's late, too. All I'm getting is excuses and I don't want another scene like Silas'." Blaine sighed.

When they had gotten back, he had blood on his hands and the front of his suit

jacket. He would have taken Hayden to the room but decided to clean himself up

instead. As Grayson had put it, she was terrified and he really didn't think it was a

good idea to carry her with hands covered in her brother's blood. Grayson nodded,

his eyes spacing out slightly. The two stood there silently for a couple minutes.

"Want a drink?" Blaine offered.

"Nah, I better get going. I know that kid is nocturnal like me." He sighed, then pushed. himself up and onto his feet.
Grayson left on that note, not needing to say anything else. He was a good man, he followed Blaine's orders perfectly. When Grayson had first started working for him, he didn't really say much. He never spoke his opinions and simply did as he was told. He rapidly rose up the ranks and became Blaine's number one. The two grew closer over the years and eventually Grayson started speaking his mind when it came to certain things or to add to a conversation. It didn't affect his work or loyalty, which is all Blaine cared about. Grayson was strong, tough, and nearly as ruthless as he is. He could almost say they were friends, if the kind of men they were could have friends.

Blaine walked over to a small liquor cabinet next to his desk and poured a glass of

scotch for himself, hastily gulping it down and pouring another. It would have been much easier if it had only been Silas. He had no problem killing the man and leaving him to rot in his own home. Hell, had it been another man in the house he wouldn't have had a problem killing the two. Shooting a woman left a bad taste in his mouth. He finished his second and third glass of scotch before he left his office to go to his room. He stopped about a foot from his door and glanced at the room that held. Hayden. He hesitated, a need to check on her raising up. He knew he shouldn't bother her tonight, but before he knew it he had unlocked the door and was staring down at her. She had fall asleep at the end of the bed. Her body curled into a tight ball but her face peaceful despite the dried streaks across her cheeks. Her hair laid out behind her and she was breathing soft. The dress she wore didn't cover much of her legs and made his fingertips tingle with the need to touch her, to caress the soft creamy skin of her thigh. He felt himself begin to harden, his pants tightening and straining around him. He groaned as he fought his urge to rip the washed-out dress from her body.