T W O

"I'm surprised you were able to make it back to your house, Silas."
The man standing in the doorway to the kitchen was the one to speak. He was tall with very dark brown hair that was about an inch or two long. He had a short- trimmed goatee and menacingly dark grey-blue eyes. He wore a well-tailored black suit that showed off the muscles he had underneath. His arms were crossed over his chest, the muscles of his arms bulging against the material of his jacket. His face had hard, chiseled features and his jaw strong and squared. His mouth and chin were surrounded by a goatee that was slightly lighter than the hair on his head.

"Who-" Hayden licked her dry lips. "-are you?" She looked at the man who had spoken, then to the man who had carried her inside. "What do you want with us?"

The man who had carried her inside had his eyes on Silas, his hair was a dirty blonde color and was cut shorter than the other man's. His hazel eyes were filled with anger, hate, and possible disgust as he watched Silas roll to his stomach. He was also tall and just as bulky as the dark haired man. His mouth was held in a tight line and his eyes narrowed in a glare. As she moved her eyes back to the dark haired man, she made connection with his cold stare. She couldn't read the expression on his face, yet could tell it wasn't anything good. He gave her a brief look-over before returning his gaze to her brother.

"Blaine, leave her out of this." Silas coughed, a small amount of blood dripping on to the floor. "I promise I'll get your money." He lowered his head, guilt weighing heavily on him.

"That's what you told me last month Silas. And the month before that, and the month before that. I'm tired of this game." He took a few steps toward Silas. "I don't think you realize how generous I have been to you. Most men would be dead by now." He kneeled down next to him, grabbing a handful of hair and lifting his head.

"Please, don't-" Hayden moved to reach for her brother but was harshly shoved back down by the man at the door.

"Don't move." His voice deep and rough as he spoke the two words.

His foot remained on the middle of her back, his boot pressing into her spine. It was

painful until she stopped struggling. The moment she stopped reaching out for Silas,

he lightened the pressure but he didn't remove his foot. She could feel her heart

slamming in her chest, her fear intensifying.

"You owe me a lot of money. And I want it back, or-" Blaine's eyes shifted to Hayden

"-something to compensate." For the first time, his lips curved into a slight smirk.

"No, please. Not my little sister, she has nothing to do with this. I'll get you the

money, leave her alone!"

"You're in no position to give demands." His cold eyes darting back to Silas.

"I promise, I'll get you every penny." Silas words softer, defeat lacing his voice.

"Oh, I know you will. Because if you don't, I'll make sure you never see her again."

He turned his attention to the light-haired man, his eyes glossing over Hayden as he

did. "Grab her."

"Wait, no! Don't take her Blaine, she's all I have!"

"Then you better get my fucking money." Blaine let go of Silas' hair and stood up, his

hand brushing down the front of his suit.

Hayden felt the foot on her back lift, her body kicking into fight or flight mode. She pushed herself off the ground and bolted toward the hallway. She was only able to take about 3 steps before a strong arm grabbed her tightly around the waist. She squeaked, her lungs forcing out all her air. She struggled against the man as he pulled her back to him. The click of a gun broke her will and completely frozen her. She knew that sound all too well. It was the sound she had heard seconds before her parents were taken from her.

"I suggest you go with him, Hayden." Blaine's voice dark and demanding.

Hayden's eyes widened as she looked over at Blaine, the way he had said her name sent a shiver up her spine. His face held no expression as he pointed his gun at her. His eyes deadly yet his stance relaxed. She bit into her lip, this man would have no problem shooting her and moving on. All he cared about was his money and if he wasn't going to get it he would easily kill both of them without batting an eye or feeling the slightest amount of remorse.

"And you better cooperate. If you fucking scream, I'll make sure you and your brother never see the light of day again." He waited for her to nod her head, then spoke to the man behind her. "I'll be out in a minute. Tie her up and put her in the back seat."

Hayden felt tears rolling down her cheeks, the man behind her kept his arm around her waist as he turned her and walked her out the front door. Whatever Silas needed money for must have been important to borrow a loan and not pay it back. Especially from someone as crooked and dangerous as this Blaine guy. Her heart was pounding as she was led to a black Escalade parked at the curb. Her inside started to flip-flop and gave her stomach a nauseous feeling. Her legs began to lock up even though her body wanted to run away. She began to sob, her teeth digging deeper into her bottom lip to stop herself from screaming. The man grew impatient and scooped her off her feet. She felt like a small child again, his long legs quickly carrying them to the car. He pulled out a set of keys from his pocket and unlocked the car. He pulled open the back door and gently set her down on the seat.

"I'm sorry about this, but I have to."

He grabbed a bundle of rope off the floor and tightly tied her hands together behind

her back. He had a knife in his pocket that he used to cut the rope, then tied her

thighs and ankles together. Her heart sank, there was no way she would be able to

escape or run if given the chance. She thought he would stop there, the rope already

chaffing her sensitive skin. Instead he reached for something in the back. She caught

a glimpse of a cream-colored cloth as her eyes and mouth were cover. She sobbed

harder but managed to keep her volume somewhat down. She didn't want to anger

the man and get herself shot.

"I'm going to lay you down now."

She let out a whimper, the man's hands softly laying her on her side. She tried not to

think about the fact that she was wearing a dress and prayed that it was long enough

to cover her underwear. Oddly, the man strapped a seatbelt around her waist. Maybe

to keep her from rolling off the seat while they drove. She heard the door shut, her

ears prickling from the loud thump it made. Seconds later, she heard another door

open and shut. The SUV shifted slightly as he got in and she could hear another seat

belt click into place. The car was started, but they sat; Waiting for the man who

scared her the most, the man who had ordered her to be taken.