17

Yagura was frustrated.

For the past two weeks he'd been receiving constant reports of that a mere child destroying his bases around Mizu no Kuni. He couldn't tell for sure, but they were almost positive that they belonged to the Resistance. It annoyed him that the outlaws had acquired a new powerful ally. He was more trouble than the entire Resistance combined. He had been fighting the Resistance for years now, and never before had they gained such strength.

Having his men tell him that they were being slaughtered by an adolescent brat was beginning to annoy him. It was time to end this little problem.

At the base
Naruto gently broke the lock of her arms, and untwined their legs, earning a groan of displeasure. He chuckled; she obviously liked their close slumber as well. "Just a while longer, Naruto-kun." The sleepy kunoichi mumbled, wanting to stay in her comfortable spot for as long as possible.

The two had grown close over the past weeks.

She had respected his decision of not wanting to have sexual relations with her, which relieved the boy greatly, and agreed to having just a closer than most friendship, which included, but was not limited to, sharing a bed. He was happy that she wasn't offended that he didn't want to have sex with her, and that she was okay with their relationship as it was

The last four days had the Resistance and Naruto waiting for the right moment to strike the weapons factory. They knew that there was a monthly shipment plan, where the factory would send the newly created kunai and shuriken to Mist, which was the perfect opportunity. Shinome was a larger village than most, and timing was crucial if they intended to pull off a clean hit-and-run operation.

In the small time they had to relax, Naruto had spent the majority of it with Mei. They spoke a lot about what would happen with Mist and all of Mizu no Kuni after Yagura was dead. The woman had many ideas for her country, which included peace treaties with the other nations. She had no wish to ever have to plunge her village into war again. They had suffered the effects of war for too long already.

Another topic they discussed was Naruto's incredible power. He had explained his idol transfiguration, which shocked/disgusted the woman greatly.

"We have to get up now." He said softly, resisting her cute pout. "Or do you want everyone to find out that we sleep together?" Naruto

Mei sighed in defeat. She knew they needed to get up before everyone, or they would find out their innocent enough secret. They weren't doing anything in her room, just friendly spooning, but neither of them were delusional; no one would believe them.

She had no problems sleeping with Naruto, sexually or just for the warmth and company, but she didn't want everyone knowing it. She wasn't ashamed, she just needed her private life to stay private. She was the leader of the Resistance after all, and she needed to keep her powerful and deadly kunoichi reputation.

"I really wish you were older..." She sighed. "If you were, we wouldn't need to hide," she paused, "whatever this is." She really wished they were closer in age, or at least that he was a little older so that they could have some fun together.

Naruto returned the sigh. "Sorry." He chuckled.

"It's alright." She replied, stretching herself against the large comfortable bed. Ever since Naruto had joined her in sleeping, she had been able to sleep better than ever. It saddened her that he would have to leave; she would miss his presence and warmth in her bed which was much too big for only

Good." Naruto smiled. "I wouldn't want you to be mad at me for the rest of the time I'm here." He said, also stretching. After the two got dressed and left one at a time, they returned to their places among the others.