As the woman stared at her daughter, her expression gradually shifted from one of rage to one of shock. Her body trembled slightly, and she took a deep breath, trying to process what had just transpired.

"Oh, my baby... I'm so sorry," the woman exclaimed, her voice tinged with regret and sadness. She flung her arms around her daughter, enfolding her in a warm embrace.

The daughter, overwhelmed by the sudden change in her mother's mood, hugged her back, tears streaming down her face as she sobbed into her shoulder.

The two stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, their warm embrace serving not only as a physical comfort but also an emotional one. The woman, her heart wracked with guilt and shame, tried to make amends for her cruel outburst by offering her daughter the comfort and love that she so desperately needed.

The daughter, unable to hold back her tears any longer, cried into her mother's shoulder, finally releasing the pent-up emotions that had been brewing within her. As she cried, she let out a deep, wrenching sob, her body shaking with each heave of her chest.

The mother, realizing the extent of her actions and how they had affected her daughter, pulled her closer, holding her tightly as she soothed her with words of love and encouragement. "Mama's here now" she whispered, as she ran her hand through her daughter's hair.

 It was a few hours later, and the mother sat at the bedside of her daughter, wrapping her bruises with salves and bandages. As she tended to her daughter's wounds, she hummed a soft melody, her voice gentle and soothing.

The daughter, weak and battered, winced at the touch of the salves and bandages but found herself drawn to her mother's humming. As she listened to the mesmerizing tune, she felt a sense of calm wash over her, the pain of her wounds dulled by the sounds of her mother's voice.

With each stroke of the bandage, her mother's voice grew louder and more heartfelt, "My pretty daughter... my beautiful baby girl... Fate has been cruel, and order unkind. How can I have sent you away?"

The daughter's toes curled at the sound of her mother's words, her eyes filling with tears as she thought back on the horror she had endured. She was grateful that her mother had come to her rescue and was now tending to her wounds, but the guilt of being sent away by her mother weighed heavy on her heart.

A few days have passed since the traumatic incident and the daughter has been able to take some time to process her emotions. She has chosen to go out and spend time with her friends, who also live in the same poor village that is home to many caravans. Despite the challenging circumstances of their existence, the children have been able to find a sense of unity and peace among themselves. Their friendship provides a sense of comfort and normalcy, something that all children deserve to experience. However, the memory of the day that she was almost sold by her mother is still haunting her, a reminder of the harsh realities of life in a world that can be so unforgiving.

After a long day playing with her friends, the daughter made her way home to the familiar setting of her small hut. She approached the doorway, hesitating for a moment before pushing the creaky door open, her mother's voice ringing in her ears. Upon entering, she was greeted with the all-too-familiar sight of her mother, slumped on a tattered chair, a glass of alcohol in her hand. Her mother looked up, her usually stern gaze now tinged with a mix of surprise and guilt. She smiled weakly at herself before her eyes met her daughter's, and she quickly moved towards her, her arms outstretched. With a firm grip on her daughter's cheeks, she glared intensely at her, her tone sharp and her words cutting.

"You... where have you been? I told you to be home by sundown," her mother barked, her voice laced with anger.

The daughter, taken aback by the sudden outburst, flinched and stuttered, her words stumbling over one another. "M, Mom... the v, village... I, I asked y, your permission earlier... I, I..."