Chapter 53: Tempest Tango Festival

Start from the beginning

"You think so too?" Rimuru had considered it, "Watch it be something like, 'the Demon Lords would destroy Ballachia with a snap of their fingers-" He remembered Silverwood and looked at Laden. "Don't destroy Ballachia."

"I have no interest in destroying a small country," Laden's words were not believed in the slightest. "In this case..."

To Rimuru's surprise, when the day finally came to greet the officials of the other countries, Laden put in more effort than expected after his recent behavior. When speaking with the king and queen of Blumund, Laden expressed gratitude toward the king for using his relatives in Falmuth to successfully assist Youm in his ascension to the throne and acceptance by the Western council.

Then when King Gazel arrived by carriage instead of flying mount, Laden kept mostly to himself. Rimuru explained their current state of affairs with the Western Church and Falmuth, causing Gazel's eyes to become saucers. After the conversation, Rimuru asked if Laden wanted to handle things with Youm while he went to Ingrassia to pick up the rest of the invitees. To which, Laden agreed.

"Um..." Youm looked at Laden, who bore no expression. "It's been a while."

"That it has," Laden looked to Mjurran, "I hear you've become queen after taking the last name Farmenas, congrats."

"Thank you," Mjurran was unbothered, "Clayman gave me a thorough education in etiquette, but I never imagined it would be useful this way."

"I can tell," Laden's eyes moved to the child in the room. "And this is?"

"Edgar, the son of the previous king," Mjurran answered.

"If that isn't funny," Laden gestured to Shuna behind him to hand an official document. "That aside, consider this a present. Edgar, why don't you read it?"

The boy nearly panicked when Laden called him out but responded and took the document, "It says that all unpaid preparations... will be forgiven!"

Youm and the rest could hardly believe it, "Are you serious? We're talking 8,500 stellar left on our tab!"

"Well, I would have kept the source of income until after establishing a strong economy. But this is between the previous kingdom Falmuth and Tempest, so it's Rimuru's call. Besides, the end goal everyone wanted has been accomplished and money is no concern."

This move, however, served more than simply releasing the new country from a financial burden. The move was also to make Youm known as the king who haggled with Demon Lords and won. Meanwhile, the meals being cooked for the opening dinner would win the stomachs of all who were attending.

The bigger issue was the three big figures that appeared at the same time. Guy Crimson, Milim Nava, and Velzard. They did not show up in carriages, but walked down the main road, causing most to stare at them. The additions of Frey, Carrion, and Albis' group did not help either as they followed behind the VIPs. Most people were staring in fear when met with their fierce gaze. Those used to Milim were even put on edge.

"What do you think you're doing?" Laden asked.

"Coming as invited," Guy answered, ignoring the issue that each of them was leaking aura.

Laden was not amused, "Guy, keep your aura in check or you can leave. Milim can stay though, I actually have a percent for her."

Guy and Laden stared each other down while Milim immediately held back her aura and ran over, wondering what the gift was. The daemon laughed, "Fine, I want to see this present too."

"This way," Laden said, leading the way, "They should be working with the chefs now. I'll have them teach your people later, but right now they are in the middle of prepping ingredients for the inns."