Sunflowers

EHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHHH HERE'S ANOTHER PARTTT~!

~Your p.o.v~

The Gardens had been beautiful, and Kid had held my hand the whole time. It had already started getting dark, and I looked up at the sky, wondering where the day had gone.

"I should be getting home..." I said.

Kid smiled and they walked through the streets toward my house. "I'll walk you home." He said.

I looked up at him, smiling. "You don't have to. You should probably get back to your house. The symmetry of the paintings might be off." I said.

His eyes twitched after a second of thinking about it. "Are you sure?" he said.

I nodded. "I can walk myself home."

He nodded. "Whatever you say." He said. After a minute, he leaned down and pulled me into a kiss. I was surprised, and then I leaned into him. He pulled away a second later, smiling at me. "Okay." He said.

I turned to walk away, but he caught my hand. "There's a party for the anniversary of the Academy... will you go with me?" he asked.

I smiled. "I'll get back to you on that." I said.

He bit his lip in a symmetrical way. "Okay." He said.

I turned and started walking home, my fingers slipping out of his. The streets were beginning to fill with nightlife, and I steered clear of all the people. I didn't want to get caught up in anything.

When I was walking down the quiet street that my house was on, I heard someone walking behind me, their steps quiet. I turned around to see Black Star standing a few feet behind me, his hands behind his back.

"Black Star!" I said, my cheeks flushing.

He grinned at me. "I'm surprised you noticed me!" he said. He was wearing different clothing than his usual stalker clothes, and I wondered at the button up shirt and the tie that was loose around his neck.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked. Probably the same as Kid and Soul, I thought.

He pulled his hands out in front of himself, holding a big bouquet of sunflowers in his hands. He held them out to me with a stupid grin on his face. "I wanted to bring these to you." He said.

I was flustered as he handed me the flowers, and I realized that I had lost Kid's flower. "And...?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Well..." he said. He paused, his face going blank. "Um... I didn't think this far ahead..." he said.

I laughed and walked forward, taking his hand. "Want to walk me home?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Sure." He said. We started walking and he started talking. "I'll keep all the other guys away from you, (y/n)!" he said.

I smiled. "Why?" I asked.

"Cause I like you." He said.

I blushed a little and squeezed his hand. We were at my house, but I didn't want him to leave just yet. I sat down on the small stonewall that was about a foot tall that stood out front of the house. I set the flowers down next to me, and Black Star sat down next to me.

"So I bet the two others already came to you today?" he asked.

I looked at the ground and nodded. "Yeah." I said.

"Did they both as you to the academy party?" he asked and I looked up at him. He was staring off at a few of the houses.

"Yeah. They did." I said. "I told them I would have to get back to them on it." I said.

He nodded. "Is it because you still can't choose?" he asked, looking into my eyes. There was a smile on his face.

I scratched my head. "You're good." I said.

"Well! I, the Great Black Star will not loose!" he said, his voice louder. I smiled at him, and he grinned back at me. "Atsuki-san's probably wondering where you are." He said.

I looked up at the house, a few of the lights on. "Yeah... they probably are." I looked back to him, a smile on my lips as I met his eyes.

He leaned in toward me, and his lips softly brushed mine. I closed my eyes, happy.

When he pulled away, he looked at me, a mischievous smile on his face. "Did I steal your first kiss, that one time?" he asked.

I thought back, and remembered that, indeed, he had. I smiled. "Yeah. You did. You bastard."

We laughed together and he stood, helping me up. I picked up my flowers and he kissed my cheek. "Goodnight." He said.

I smiled and walked up the steps, pulling my key out and opening the door. I turned and gave him one last smile, seeing him there in the dark. He smiled back at me, and I closed the door.

The house was warm, and I walked into the kitchen, turning on the light and finding a vase. I put the sunflowers in it and smiled at them, the yellow pedals bright in the darkness.

I walked into the living room, and saw Rin and Atsuki curled up on the couch together, their arms round each other. I smiled at them and walked into my room, changing and getting into bed. I laid down and pulled the covers over myself, the darkness calming. I closed my eyes and started drifting off, a smile on my face.