Mom?

Hey everyone~! I hope that you've been doing well! I've been okay, and I haven't found much time to work on my stories, so I apologize. I hope you like this part, and I DON'T REGRET THE CLIFFHANGER!! EHEHEHEHEHHHHH!

Love, Mari~

~Black Star's p.o.v~

After all the things happened with Mari in the classroom, and _____ did that weird thing, and Spirit took her to the Death Room, I was confused.

We all stood in front of Death, another lady, Nora, I think, was talking to him.

"She's not an evil witch." She was saying.

'____ is a witch?!' I thought, even more confused.

"You can't do anything to her. She hasn't done anything wrong." Nora was saying and Death held up his big hands.

"I wasn't-" he began.

Spirit cut him off. "Sir. We should also question the liability of Atsuki and Rin, for hiding her." He said.

I looked around. 'What the hell is happening!?'

Atsuki stepped forward and grabbed Spirit's wrist. "We were protecting her." He said, anger filling his eyes. "Just like Angelica would have done!"

Spirit pulled away from the other man. "Do you not know the law, Atsuki?!" he said, exasperated.

"What's happening?" I asked Maka and she shrugged her shoulders, looking very confused as well.

"I think," Kid said. "_____ is part witch." He said.

"ENOUGH!" Lord Death yelled, sounding done. Everyone got quiet. He sighed loudly and put his hands together. Everyone starred at him and he took in a breath. "I have made my decision." He said.

~Your p.o.v~

I looked up at Lord Death, nervous as he told us he had made up his decision. 'Please don't let them kill me.' I begged silently.

He clapped his hands. "I shall let her go." He said, and my body went limp with relief.

"What?!" Spirit said, then spun around and stalked off.

"She is under strict surveillance of a death scythe after all. We'll be okay." He said. He turned to me and I straightened. "But you must keep your soul protect off for the time being." He said. He reached behind himself and brought his hand back around and held out a little bracelet. "You'll need to wear this tracker though."

I took the bracelet and looked at it. It looked just like a normal black and white bracelet, with a little death skull on it. Atsuki's hands took the bracelet and put it around my wrist. I pulled away from him, not meeting his eyes. "Thank you, Lord Death." I said, bowing. Atsuki stepped back, a little confused.

I turned and left the small "stage" in the middle of the Death Room and began walking quickly out of it.

"_____!" Atsuki's voice said, his footsteps following me. I began to run faster. I heard Death ask to talk to my other friends, and I was glad. I didn't want to be around anyone. "_____! Get back here!" Atsuki said.

I pushed my way out into the hallway and ran down it, his footsteps beginning to slow. He had abandoned me, then claimed that's what Angelica would have done. No. She would've fought everyone off until she couldn't walk or was dead. No. He didn't protect me like Angelica did.

I was at the bottom of the DWMA stairs and looked around, Death City empty as storm clouds were forming in the early afternoon of the day. My lungs were screaming and I look a second, trying to catch my breath.

"Hello, my dear." A voice said and I spun around, gasping as I saw a woman in an alley, dressed in a magnificent black dress. A fan covered half her face, but she must've been beautiful.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked, taking a step back.

She smiled a little and stepped out of the alley, her dress shushing across the ground. "I'm Arachne." She said, her black hair pulled back into a bun. "I'm a witch." She said.

I stepped back further, fear running through me. "A w-witch?" I thought for a second. "Arachne?! Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I said.

She laughed a little, her voice sultry. "What an awful thing to say to your own mother."

I froze, my blood going cold. No. My mother was dead.

She looked into my eyes. "I never died. I just had... business and had to leave you and your father. That's why you barely remember me. and it's also why, you are a witch."

I was shaking as I looked at her, some of out features matching as if we were family. "N-no..." I said, falling to the ground. Rain began to come down, and I felt drops fall on my face.

"_____..." she said, her face looking as if she was hurt. "You don't remember me?" she asked.

But I could. The faint memory of her saying my name, her voice, everything came back to me. I bent my head for a moment, my body drenched. I looked up at her, her delicate fingers holding an umbrella over my head. Her hair slowly unfurled as rain fell down onto it, and I watched it fall around her shoulders. Her fan was gone, and I recognized her face.

"M-mom...?" I asked, tears beginning to streak my face.

She smiled, holding out her hand. "I'm so glad I found you. So why don't we go home?"

I looked at her hand, then back up to the DWMA. They were going to let me die—no. They were going to kill me. I took her hand, her soft hand warm despite the rain. "O-okay." I said. But something felt wrong. But I shook it off. This was my mom. She isn't evil. I can trust her.

...right?