CHAPTER-25 The Committee Meeting

ESTELLA'S POV

I wake up from a restless nap and find myself still feeling tired from yesterday's challenges. Alaric's accusations leave a bitter taste in my mouth, making it hard to sleep. The weight of his doubts hangs heavily on my mind as I drag myself out of bed and head to the kitchen. 

There, I see a note from Charlotte waiting for me, stuck to the fridge with her characteristic flair. The note reads, "Enjoy this delicious meal made by your one and only best friend, Lottie," accompanied by a cheeky wink emoji and a reminder to smile.

 The note reads, "Enjoy this delicious meal made by your one and only best friend, Lottie," accompanied by a cheeky wink emoji and a reminder to smile

 Despite the turmoil, Charlotte's unwavering support never fails to lift my spirits. I offer a silent prayer of gratitude for her presence in my life before digging into the scrumptious breakfast she prepared.

As I savor each bite, my phone buzzes with a message from Chloe, my colleague. Dr. Vincent wants to see me. I reply with a brief acknowledgment, my mind already racing with thoughts of what this meeting could entail. I finish my meal and quickly dress before making my way to the hospital.

 I finish my meal and quickly dress before making my way to the hospital

As I stepped into Dr. Vincent's office, the air felt heavy with tension. His stern expression immediately made me apprehensive, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something serious was about to transpire.

" Dr. Estella," Dr. Vincent began, his voice low and grave, "I need to speak with you regarding Mr. Alaric Easterwood."

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of Alaric's name. Memories of our encounter at the committee meeting flooded back, and I braced myself for whatever Dr. Vincent had to say.

"Yes, Dr. Vincent?" I replied, trying to keep my voice steady despite the surge of emotions within me.

Dr. Vincent leaned forward, his gaze piercing. "I've heard rumors about your association with him. Is there any truth to this?"

I hesitated, unsure of how much to divulge. The tension in the room was palpable as I weighed my words carefully.

"I... I have had some interactions with Alaric," I admitted reluctantly. "But they were purely professional in nature."