Friendship sundered 2/3

We found ourselves in a crowd watching a man juggling fire circles. "He's good right?" Stella asked curiously as she turned to look at me.

I wasn't focused on the man juggling but rather Riven, I felt terrible about what happened. I snapped out of it when Stella lightly elbowed my shoulder. "You alright, girl?" I slowly nodded. "Yeah, yeah, just lost in thought.."

"Wow, look at that fire eater" he points to another crowd and we see only see a glimpse of the fire. "We'll come on let's get closer." Darwin suggested and the group nodded.

I became lost on thought once more as my mind drifted off to Riven, where was he. I just hoped he was okay, even though we weren't close I can tell he has a quick temper so I just hoped it wouldn't cause him trouble.

I luckily snapped myself back into reality as someone came into my view, I quickly move myself out of the way to avoid accidentally bumping into them. At that moment I realized I was lost. I looked around but saw none of my friends. "For the love of stars..." I sighed and take out my phone to text one of them but something caught my interest; a beautiful melody playing closing by.

I hesitate to follow but decided to do so, I found myself in a crowd once more and saw a beautiful girl dancing as instruments floated next to her. "Wow.." I said in awe as I continued watching her.

Y/n..

My breath hitched as the girl transformed into my mother, she was in the same form I saw her in my dream. The chains surrounding her seemed endless.

Y/n..

Y/n...

"Y/n"

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I quickly looked to my side to see Timmy.

"..Timmy?"

I glance back at the girl but didn't see my mother this time. I sighed and turned back to look at Timmy "Timmy, hey.." Timmy smiled a bit. "Why are you on your own? Everyone is looking for you, you disappeared so suddenly" I raised an eyebrow and I could feel something was immediately wrong but maybe it was my mind playing tricks just like the dancer.

"Right..I just lost track of myself. You met up with the others right, was Riven with them?" Timmy paused and shook his head. "No he wasn't, let's go to the square that's where we decided to meet up after splitting up to find you" Timmy said as he began to walk off, I got slightly embarrassed when I heard that they all spilt up to find me. I wanted to quickly change the conversation as my embarrassment would have increased more with silence.

"..isn't the race starting soon?" I asked curiously but Timmy doesn't answer. I felt embarrassed as I kept following him to the square. "The guys told me you had a disagreement with Steven." He was still smiling and awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"Steven..?"

"Riven—" he quickly grabbed my shoulders and brought me close. I was shocked as I stared at him but he quickly lets go of me. "I'm sorry..but if you want to make it up to him, I know how." Timmy said reassuringly.

"Really?"

Timmy nodded and grabbed something out of his pocket. It was a dark oval like object. "It's a surprise the— I mean I prepared for him. But you can give it to him."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at the device with confusion. "...don't take this the wrong way but what is this?" Timmy got awkward again as he tried to open the device. I kept watching and I grew more confused.

"..do you need help?" I asked but he shook his head. After a few tries he eventually gave up and was breathing from exhaustion, the object holder opened though.

He tiredly took out the headpiece that was in the object holder and placed it on his head only for it to fall slightly off his head.

"Are you okay, you seem..out of it today" I asked concerned but Timmy only smiled as he adjusted the head piece. "I'm alright, everything's under control." I see his eyes look slightly to his left and I was about to glance left but he quickly spoke up.

"It's a helmet, a non—mon— nominee drive helmet, yes" Timmy began to laugh awkwardly and he clicked on the headpiece side and it transformed into a helmet.

"It allows the driver to drive the motorbike telepathically. It's every riders dream." Timmy pressed on the helemts side and it turned into the headpiece again. He took it off and hands it to me.

"Stars, thank you Timmy but I can't take this from you. You worked hard to design it for Riven and if I give it to him instead it wouldn't—"Timmy quickly cuts me off. "But friendship is much more important. You give it to him, tell him you got it from a techno gadget shop. You'll make him happy." I sighed as I looked back at the headpiece again, I really didn't want to just give it to Riven since Timmy worked hard on the gift.

"...alright, thanks again Timmy. But let me make it up to you—" I paused when I saw Timmy waving me goodbye as he walked off. "Don't tell anyone I gave it to you!" He said as he continued to walk off. I was shocked. "W-what? Wait Timmy weren't we supposed to meet the others here—and he's gone.."

I sighed and took out my phone. I opened my messages and saw that Varian texted me a couple of times. I was about to open his contact only for my phone to die. "Stars.." I sighed and walked around to try and find any of my friends, they should be somewhere nearby since Timmy said they agreed to meet up.
.
.
.
"Welcome to the annual race of the road!" A speaker yelled as he floated into the air using a gadget. I was nearby and sighed in relief as I saw my friends entering the track.

I was about to make my way inside but froze when I felt someone touch my shoulder, I quickly looked back and saw it was varian. I became less tense but saw he was still wearing his clothes and not the rider uniform.

"Y/n, where were you? I—we were worried sick." Varian said and his cheeks briefly became red but he quickly calmed himself down.

"I know, I know, and I'm sorry. I just got lost in thought and the next thing I knew I got lost." He smiled a bit and nodded. "It happens to the best of us. I'm just happy you're safe." He lightly squeezed my shoulder and I smiled.

He took his hands off my shoulders. "Why aren't you in your uniform?" I asked curiously and he stayed quiet for a bit. "..the uniform wouldn't fit and they weren't able to readjust it to my size in time." I nodded  in understanding . "You always have next year.." I reassured him and he nodded.

His attention turned to the headpiece in my hand and I instantly remembered about Riven. "Uh, excuse me for a moment Varian.." he raised an eyebrow but nodded as he watched me run to the riders track.

"Y/n?" Musa called out concerned as they were next to Darwin and Sky who were about to put on their helmets.

"Girl where were you?" Stella said equally concerned

"Just a second, please..I promise I'll explain everything soon" I quickly reassured them and the two slowly nodded. I went to Riven.

"Riven.."

he glared at me. "What do you want, make this quick you're wasting my time" he was obviously still angry about the events and it made me feel worse but I push back the feeling. "I..wanted to give this to you, it's a gift." I tapped the headpiece side and it took the form of the helmet.

Rivne's expression softens as he looked at the helmet. "I'm so sorry for what happened before—" Riven puts his old helmet down and took the one out of my hands. "..thank you" he said before he puts the helmet on. He tapped the side and looked at me curiously. "Anything else?" I shook my head. "..good luck riven."

I felt someone grab my shoulders and saw it was Musa who was trying to get me to leave the tracks, I let her take me away and to the crowd of people.
.
.
.