Chapter 4

~A WEEK LATER~
Astrids POV:

It's been a week since our wedding. The dragons left the day after our wedding. It was hard for hiccup but it wasn't as painful like first time he let him go. I wasn't sure when the dragons would return but it was nice to ride them one last time.

It was early in the morning when I heard noises from downstair. I sat up in my bed, well... Mine and hiccups bed now. I forgot that I moved into the new house that hiccup built for when we got married.

It was a big house, big enough for a family. I walk down the stairs to see where the noises were coming from and when I made my way to the bottom of stairs i finally find out what the noise was.

"Oh, Morning Astrid!" Ruffnut says. She was sitting at the table in our dinning room.

"Morning...?" I was confused on what was going on. I look at the other end of the table to see Fishlegs, Tuffnut and Snoutlout fighting about something.

"Why did you steal my bread!?" Snoutlout yells at Tuffnut.

"So we're claiming bread now? It was sitting in a bowl on the table, not your plate!" Tuffnut yells back.

"I was going to pick that one." Snoutlout wasn't giving up.

"Ummm, guys, it's not that big of a deal." Fishlegs tries to calm the situation down.

"Shut up Fishlegs!" Snoutlout and Tuffnut yell in unison. Poor fishlegs. A chuckle escapes my mouth.

"Morning M'lady." Hiccup walks up to me a places a kiss on my forehead.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I questioned the gang.

"We wanted to have breakfast together, like we used to back at the edge, back this guy is ruining it." Tuffnut points at Snoutlout. Tuffnut and Snoutlout then break out into a fight in the middle of the floor.

I couldn't help but smile. I do have to admit, I am glad they came over for breakfast. Brings back memories.

Memories of when we were young and wild.

I get all dressed and ready for the day. I throw on my white Chieftess cape since it's cold today. I open the door to sound's of people talking and children laughing. I decided to visit hiccup at the Great Hall where he was working as Chief now. As I was making my way to the Great Hall, valka saw me.

"Morning dear!" Valka comes up to me.

"Morning Valka." I say. Valka gives me a warm hug on this chilly day.

"Where you heading dear?" Valka asks.

"I'm just gonna go visit Hiccup at work." I smile but Valka isn't.

"Something wrong Valka?" I ask

"He's stressed and not in a great mood. Maybe he'll cheer up when you visit him." Valka puts a hand on my cheeck and walks away.

Poor Hiccup, he knew he would become Chief but he wasn't ready for it.
--------------------------
Hiccups POV:

I'm sitting at my desk while staring at papers with duties to do. I hear the Great Hall doors open and I see my wife walk in.

"Hey honey, are you ok?" Astrid comes walking up to me. She comes up to my chair and runs her hand through my auburn hair.

"Yes...." I look at Astrid to see if she'll take the lie.

"No.. It's just...it's just alot to do." I lean back in my chair and Astrid sits in her Chieftess chair beside me.

"Why not a break? We are married, so let's talk about a honeymoon." I look at Astrid and her crystal blue eyes are fixated on me.

"Honeymoon? I mean that sounds great, but who's gonna take over?" Astrid then looks away to think.

"What about Snoutlouts dad?" I look up at the roof to think about it. Snoutlouts dad is very helpful when I need his help with duties.

"Alright, I'll leave in charge, along with Eret, Gobber and my mother." Astrid is smiling in the corner of my eye as she jumps up and lands a kiss on my lips. She then runs of to start packing.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad she came to me about taking a break because I can't take the stress anymore, but I can't let my father down.

I miss you dad, I'll make you proud. I promise.