the first kiss

Four long weeks had crawled by since Alisha found herself confined to the hospital walls. The doctors, cautious about a bruised nerve near the bullet wound in her thigh, had extended her stay to a minimum of four to six weeks. Constant monitoring and physiotherapy sessions were designed to accelerate her recovery.

A well-oiled system had been established for nighttime care. Arti took the first week, offering unwavering support and motherly love. The second week saw Sita Devi by her niece's side, showering her with gentle care and lively conversations. Aardhaya, determined to spend quality time with her best friend, volunteered for the third week. Nalini, eager to bond with her future daughter-in-law, stepped up for the fourth. Now, as the fifth week dawned, it was Aniket's turn to step up and take over the reins from his mother.

Nalini was currently keeping Alisha company . When Aniket entered the room, his arms overflowing with books. Alisha raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Aniket hume yahan issi week rehna hai khali, apne toh pure mahine ka stosk mangwa liya hai " said Alisha chuckling

"Ab hum kya karein Alisha ji ap hei batayei hume yeah sari books achi lagi, jab humne inke baare mein padha toh hume laaga ki hum apke sath yeah book padhni chahiye toh hum le aaye" responded Aniket with a playful grin

"woh toh thik hai beta par yeah laptop kis liye" asked Nalini intrigued by his son's behaviour

A mischievous glint sparked in Aniket's eyes. "Movies dekhne ke liyeMaa ab din bahar Alisha ji ko books thodi padhane denge" Aniket replied with a wink.

Nalini nodded, a knowing smile playing on her lips, then looked at Alisha and said "chaliye hum chalteinhein Diya ko aj vida bhi karna hai who banaras ja rei hain aj apne dosto kesath"

"Maa," Alisha piped up, scrunching her nose playfully with a small pout "diya di se kahiyegana hum ek baar phone kar lengi hum unse kuch kaam hai"

The endearment "Maa" sent a wave of joy through Nalini. It felt like a precious validation, a tiny seed of acceptance blooming in their relationship, a sign of acceptance, and thinking about that her heart soared. She walked over to Alisha, her heart brimming with warmth. Placing a gentle hand on Alisha's cheek, she leaned down and kissed her forehead in a motherly gesture.

Alisha, sensing Nalini's happiness, responded with a warm hug, burying her face in Nalini's chest. The steady rhythm of Nalini's heartbeat offered a sense of comfort, She had braced herself for potential offense, but the opposite reaction brought a genuine smile to her face. The rhythmic thump of Nalini's heart against her ear calmed the knot of anxiety in her chest.

"Toh ap kal ab humare liye gatte ki sabji la rehi hain deal" Alisha asked, her voice playful like a child demanding a treat.

"Deal! Kal apki favourite sabji aa jayegi," Nalini promised with a warm smile. "Now get some rest, beta." With a final pat on Alisha's head, she left the room, leaving Aniket and Alisha to settle into their week of recovery and newfound companionship.

Alisha's scowl deepened as Nalini left the room. She turned to Aniket, her eyes narrowed.

"apko maa ke saamne yeah book lana ko kisine kaha tha". ?" she demanded.

"maa ko thodi pata hai ki books ke content kya hai " Aniket replied nonchalantly.

"Do you even know what's in that book, Aniket?" Alisha pressed.

"nahi..nahi hum nahi pata toh kya hua hum padh lenge usme kya hai or apki or aaradhaya ki baat humnesun li thi tab ap kehe rehi thi unse ki apko yeah book padhni hai toh hum le aaye" Aniket offered a sheepish smile.