I AM ALISHA SINGHANIA

The heat in Alisha's cheeks intensified as she noticed Aniket's gaze. However, a smile tugged at her lips upon seeing the flicker of panic in his eyes. It seemed he was having second thoughts.

Aniket launched into a carefully crafted apology. "I am so sorry, Alisha ji. I crossed a line. Startling you like that was never my intention. It felt like... something took over. Slapping that guy, I don't regret that. But touching you without your permission... highly unprofessional of me. I am deeply sorry for that."

Before he could finish his tirade, Alisha's finger landed gently on his lips. He hadn't even realized she'd set her food aside and moved closer. "Shh!!," she whispered, her voice surprisingly calm and soft . "You talk too much, Aniket.!! Let me get a word in, will you? Ask me if I'm upset before you build a whole narrative in your head."

The tables had turned. Now it was Aniket's cheeks that burned a vibrant crimson. He hadn't anticipated Alisha's directness. Still, he wouldn't cede control so easily. Straightening his posture, he leaned towards her ear, his voice a husky murmur. "Alright, alright. I apologize for interrupting. Now tell me, how did you feel about my... gesture?"

A low chuckle grazed her ear, leaving Alisha speechless. Just moments ago, she'd held the upper hand. Now, with the turn of events, it was her turn to blush. A pleasurable shiver danced down her spine. She knew she had to respond.

Rising on the balls of her feet, she planted a soft kiss on his cheek. His beard tickled her skin, eliciting a soft giggle. "I was incredibly happy to know you're there for me, Aniket," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "Especially Jab hume apki sabse jyada jarurat hoti hai ."

A mischievous smile played on her lips as she exited the room, her laughter echoing in the hallway. Her hair flowed behind her like a shimmering cascade, leaving Aniket standing there, his heart pounding in his chest. The power dynamic had shifted, leaving him both surprised and exhilarated. This woman was a captivating enigma, and he couldn't wait to unravel her further.

The saying goes, "happiness makes some hearts envious." The moment the employees exited the conference room, the rumor mill went into overdrive. Whispers swirled, weaving elaborate tales about Aniket and Alisha's relationship. Some were innocent musings, others laced with malice. Whispers turned into excited chatter, speculations into full-blown narratives. Aniket and Alisha's brief interaction became the fodder for gossip mills, churning out stories that ranged from the decent to the downright malicious.

Some concocted tales of a blossoming romance, painting Aniket as Alisha's knight in shining armor. Others, fueled by envy and a dash of misogyny, spun a web of deceit, alleging Alisha was manipulating Aniket to gain control of the company. This despite the fact that Aniket had no prior association with the firm.

Common sense seemed to have taken a vacation. Privacy was a forgotten concept as these employees indulged in the creation of a fictional reality that bore no resemblance to Alisha and Aniket's actual relationship

Alisha, through a routine CCTV check aimed at employee safety, overheard the entire sordid affair. The sting of their accusations was undeniable. While she wasn't exactly the most popular figure due to her strict demeanor, this level of vitriol was unexpected. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision momentarily.

She wasn't naive. Harsh words weren't new to her. Her father, a man known for his cruelty only dictated towards her, had subjected her to far worse accusations. Still, it hurt. Taking a deep breath, she steeled herself. This routine was not new to her she knew how to take control of herself in moments far worse from these . With newfound resolve, she straightened her posture and headed towards the conference room, ready to face whatever came her way.