what if I told you that I like you too tab

The morning light streamed through Alisha's window, painting the room in a soft glow. As she stretched and yawned, a wave of gratitude washed over her. The previous night's celebration lingered in her memory, a testament to the love and acceptance of the Maheshwari's. Nalini's efforts, the surprise, the inclusion of her o wakwwn family – it all spoke volumes. They weren't just colleagues or friends anymore; they were becoming a true family, a safety net she hadn't realized she'd been yearning for.

A yearning for some quality time  bloomed within her. With this newfound sense of belonging, Alisha felt a tug at her heart – a desire for connection with her own mother. It was a new feeling, a shift in her usual role as the protector, the mature one. Perhaps it was time for a change.

A playful glint entered her eyes. Usually, Alisha woke up before dawn, taking on the responsibilities before her mother even stirred. Today, however, she had a different plan. With a mischievous grin, she tiptoed towards her mother's room.

The door creaked open a sliver, revealing Arti fast asleep. Any normal person would be slumbering at this ungodly hour at which  Alisha wakes up.  A smile tugged at Alisha's lips. Today wouldn't be about chores or responsibilities. Today, she craved a simple, cozy day with her mother. Perhaps even a day of snuggling.

Slipping into the room, Alisha approached the bed. Arti stirred slightly, murmuring Shyla's name in her sleep. Alisha's heart ached. It had been fifteen long years since Arti  and Alisha had experienced this kind of affectionate closeness with each other.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Alisha settled beside her mother. Carefully, she wrapped her arms around Arti's form, seeking comfort and offering it in return. The rhythmic thud of Arti's heartbeat lulled Alisha into a peaceful sleep. It was a simple act, a stolen moment of normalcy, yet it held a profound significance.

Arti stirred in her sleep . Disoriented for a moment, she blinked away the remnants of sleep. Then, she felt it – the weight of a warm body pressed against hers. Her breath hitched. Alisha ? No, it couldn't be...

Arti, startled awake by a presence beside her, initially thought it was Shyla seeking comfort. Yet, a deeper joy bloomed within her as she realized it was Alisha. Fifteen years had passed since she last felt her daughter's embrace, a casualty of Alisha's forced maturity. 

Tears welled up in Arti's eyes as she realized it was Alisha, snuggled close like a small child. This was a feeling she hadn't experienced in over a decade – her daughter, vulnerable and seeking comfort. A wave of bittersweet joy washed over her. Her Alisha, the strong one, the responsible one, was finally letting her guard down.

A single tear escaped, tracing a path down Arti's cheek. It was a tear of happiness, a tear of sorrow. Happiness that Alisha was finally allowing herself to feel, sorrow for the childhood Alisha had missed. But most importantly, it was a tear of hope. Hope for a future where they could rebuild their bond, one stolen snuggle at a time.

Arti savored the moment, her heart overflowing with a love that transcended words. She knew Alisha, her resilient daughter, was like a turtle. The slightest disturbance could send her retreating back into her protective shell. Arti held her breath, determined not to spook this fragile moment of connection.

As morning light filtered into the room, Alisha stirred. She blinked, surprised to see her mother still asleep beside her. But a comforting presence warmed her side – Shyla, curled up like a contented kitten. A smile tugged at Alisha's lips. She snuggled closer, wrapping her arms around both her mother and sister, creating a cozy cocoon of three.

When they finally woke, Alisha spoke first, her voice brimming with excitement. "Maa aj hum office nahi jayenge, chaliye na aj hum ap or Shyla ,teeno chaltein hai movie dekhne phir waha se lunch and uske baad shopping or uske baad jo apka maan kare!"