Its Ramadan, Finally

It's been 2 days, and Suhail didn't come back after that day, and I was starting to get restless

It's been 2 days, and Suhail didn't come back after that day, and I was starting to get restless. Ayman, on the other hand, was on a mission to annoy Abba at every chance he got.

Sometimes, he would look at me and smirk before doing anything. And I couldn't even stop him because, when did he ever listen to me.

I gave up on him a long time ago, but since we'll be sighting the moon today, I hope Allah accepts my dua during this month. I really want to have a subtle life, free of every abuse and toxic environment.

I was in my room, generally cleaning. Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and wiping everything that could possibly collect dust. I found my certificates while I was cleaning under my bed.

It was all in a rectangular box, with my medals. I sat down for a while and looked through each of it. Some of them were worn out, the prints were fading, and the colors were also getting dull.

I wiped my medal with a damp cloth and placed it back in the box. Those were some of my best achievements, yet it was meaningless for Abba. He said that as a girl, I should be more focused on learning the house chores.

My certificates were useless and that it was just a mere piece of paper. No matter how hard I tried, abba was never pleased with me nor proud of my achievements. Instead, he would be all praises about Arbaaz and Ayman.

Until Ayman started rebaliating with him. Ayman would continually defend me and try to hide me whenever he saw abba in a bad mood or angry.

On the other hand, Arbaaz would just stand aside and silently watch me getting beaten for absolutely no reason. Ayman was also on a bad term with Arbaaz.

"You are nothing but a coward, Arbaaz. You are not a good brother. You should be protecting our sister. " his words rang in my ears still fresh.

It's not that Arbaaz didn't love me or didn't try to protect me. Abba was a monster when he got pissed about something that didn't go his way.

Ayman confronted my dad openly, and Arbaaz used to do my first aid if my bruises got a little deep. He had he own way of showing his love to me, and I loved both my brothers.

But sometimes, Arbaaz would make me feel like I don't even know him. He would do stuff that wouldn't define who he was. And staying silent in front of Abba is one of the reasons.

Ayman had always been the shy one, and Arbaaz was outspoken. But their roles reversed one night when abba came home drunk and angry about losing one of his case that a customer filed against his hotel and its poor services.

Remembering that night still gives me chills in my spine. It was raining heavily that I night. It was just after Ayman and my birthday party. Abba got a call from one of his legal team players, telling him to come to this particular hotel as soon as he can.

Abba left the house in a rush. He took the keys and left before the party even started. I remember ammi arguing with that it's our birthday and he's still going to work.