The Unexpected

"Things are already bad Shahana, this marriage is the only way out of it

"Things are already bad Shahana, this marriage is the only way out of it." Hameed paced the study room impatiently.

Hameed Raza Ibrahim. He was once a renowned hotelier in the early 90s. However, his destiny played bad cards on him ever since a daughter was born to him. At least, that's what carried on his mind for 23 years.

"Sidra will marry this young tycoon. He will invest in our hotels and Insha'Allah....Insha'Allah! Once again, Raza Group of Hotels will rise like phoenix." A proud smirk played on his evil face.

Shahana Begum stood there listening to his blabbering. Hameed was merely whispering to himself at first, Shahana thought, but when he raced towards her and held her hand with a victorious smile, Shahana felt her stomach flipping.

"Hameed. Shouldn't you talk to Sidra about this first? I don't think she will agree..."

"Her father has agreed, and that's enough! She's a woman, and so are you, Shahana. Teach her, teach her the values she needs right now," Hameed looked dead into Shahana's eyes.

"Go! Tell her I want to see her. Go! Bring her to me. It's been a while since I haven't seen my precious investment, " Hameed let out an evil laughter while Shahana left without saying another word.

As much as Shahana knew her husband, he would do anything to come at the top again. He's using Sidra as his bait now.

"Ya Allah, protect my daughter from this evil man and his intentions," Shahana let out a low cry of pain as she closed her eyes and prayed to Allah.

Upon entering Sidra's room, she found it empty. At first, she thought Sidra was in the shower, but the door was wide open with no one inside.

Fear began settling in Shahana's heart. Hameed was already out of his mind at this very moment, and realising that when he learns about Sidra's sudden disappearance, he will totally lose his temper.

Immediately, Shahana called for a maid and asked her to stay in Sidra's room and lock the door from inside. While she calls Sidra to know about her whereabouts.

"Assalam wa alaikum Ma," a sweet voice echoed through the phone speaker.

"Wa alaikum assalam, Sidra? Where are you? And why didn't you tell me anything before leaving the house?"
Shahana lashed out angrily at her daughter. She paced the corridor as she spoke.

"Ammi, I did tell you yesterday that I'll be out with Ayesha for an hour or so, and you said you'll cover for me. What happened? Did Abba say anything?" Her voice immediately changed into a scared tone.