Its Okay

"You're right, Mr

"You're right, Mr. Qadeer. It's just a deal." I spoke with a straight face. He glared at me, trying to read my emotions.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. I should go now." I took my phone and purse, got up to leave. Only to be stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist.

"I know none of this makes any sense to you. I will divorce you after six months." His words disgusted me.

What the hell does he think of me? Am I a disposal item for him? I turned around and stared at him in shock.

"Just what the hell do you think of me?!" My voice echoed through the café. Everyone stopped doing their work and stared at the two of us.

Suhail noticed their stares and slowly got up from his chair. He came closer to me and held me by my shoulders.

"I'm helping your father getting back in action. While you can help me as well." He spoke with urgency.

"If you give me 10 minutes, I will explain everything to you. I'll answer all your questions." At this point, I was intrigued by his words.

Maybe he is not what I thought of him. Maybe he'll be my freedom from my father and his abuses. I was desperate now.

Desperate to be set free. Desperate to be loved and given a chance at life. I wanted to trust him. His eyes spoke with so much sincerity.

"10 minutes." I warned him. He nodded, and we both took our seats.

He started on his own reasons to agree to this marriage and why he was investing in dad's business. At first, everything sounded foolish.

"I'll make sure you are comfortable after we get married. I know this is a lot for you to take in, but trust me, Sidra, I have to do this."

"What about your wife?" He looked serious when I asked him that.

"That is a chapter of my life that should remain folded for you." I leaned back and got into in his cold mode.

"Suhail, I need to know that if we are making a deal. Things have to be clear between us." I spoke as softly as I could.

"Sidra, I told you everything you needed to know. The rest, we keep our space to ourselves. I don't interfere in your life and I expect the same from you.

"Suhail..."

"...this is my number. Call me when you need me." He handed me his personal business card and left.

I sat there dumbfounded. What is he trying to hide. I fidgeted with his card in my hand, lost deep in my thoughts.

And once again, I'm someone's second choice. The label of being the second person is so tagged on me that I don't even know what it's like to be someone's first priority.

"Sidra?" A deep, soft voice brought me back from my deep thoughts. I looked around to find Haidar standing behind me with concern written all over his face.