Little Confusions

I felt as if I was struck by lightning

I felt as if I was struck by lightning. I stopped at the door and quickly moved away from the door. And leaned against the wall.

"By the way, you'll have to pay me for taking my blood. I'm an expensive man. " Suhail spoke to Ayesha, casually teasing her.

"The person getting your blood is also a very weird person, just like you." Her voice was soft as she spoke of me. I smiled to myself upon hearing that.

"Exactly like you. Doesn't adhere to a word I say. I feel bad for her, though, at such a young age, she's suffering so much." I listened as she went on about me.

How dare she compare me to this cold-hearted monster. I am nothing like this freak. He is literally buying me from my father in return for investing his money in my dad's loss cause business.

"What's wrong with her," I heard Suhail's voice.

Oh no! No no .....

"She's suffering from blood cancer. If roughly estimated, she has 6 months or less to go on at the rate her condition is. Apart from that, a very abusive father, she has multiple fractures around her rib cage and ankle, and yet that girl is all smiles whenever I meet her for her routine treatment." I tightly shut my eyes in defeat as I cursed Ayesha for spilling the beans.

"What if he asks my name? Ya Allah! No....I have to stop this at any cost!" Whispering to myself, I peeped in the room and pulled myself back again.

"Hey.... It's fine. You are doing all you can to help her," I couldn't believe my ears. Suhail Qadeer is an absolute sweetheart while talking to Dr. Ayesha. Who is this person.

"By the way, what is your patient's name? Maybe I can help with the domestic abuse case," these words started making me feel happy. Without knowing the name, he was offering to help me. I peeped again and saw him stating at Dr. Ayesha with certainty.

I felt my blood boiling over this. How insensitive and demonic of him. especially treating his sick daughter in such a harsh way.

"Sorry, Suhail. Confidentiality counts here. I can't tell you her name, and since I assume you are already killing her father mentally here, they are unaware of their daughter's illness." Now that took me by surprise.

"What?!" Suhail almost screamed that word.

"How can they be unaware of such a..."

"She kept it from them. She has her reasons. And we're done!" She squealed happily.

"Here..." She put a bandage on his elbow fold, and he rolled down his sleeve.