37. Did You Think I Couldn't Break These Chains?

Mulai dari awal

On the 14th day, I took an Uber home and I headed back to the apartment. Noah wasn't home and I managed to bring my bags upstairs to start trying to unpack. Everything looked like how it did when I left, clean and organized. It almost looked as if the bed hadn't been slept in and I wondered what Noah was doing with himself this whole time. As I was finally hanging up some of my shirts back in the closet, I heard the front door open and close and I heard a couple of voices, along with a woman's laughter that I didn't recognize. I knew the first voice to be Noah but I didn't recognize the female.

Who the hell is that?

I remained rather quiet as I listened for their conversation.

"You want something to drink? I have a new bottle of wine I haven't opened yet." I heard him ask. My stomach dropped. Noah had spent many months sober and he was really going to ruin it now that he thought I was away?

"That would be great, thank you!" I heard the anonymous girl answer. Their conversation become muffled as they went into the kitchen and I waited a few minutes trying to clear my head and talk myself out of responding impulsively. After a little while, I slowly opened the door so that he wouldn't hear me. Quietly, I tip toed down the stairs and I hesitantly came around the corner to join them and catch them by surprise.

My heart pounded as I saw a long-haired brunette with her back to me, holding her wine glass and giggling at Noah and he smiled back at her and I saw him take a gulp of his wine that he also had in his hand. When he finally noticed me, he looked like he had seen a ghost and the wine glass slipped from his hand crashing to the floor. I just crossed my arms, beyond pissed off and truly feeling betrayed.

"Babe?" He asked. His eyebrows furrowed.

The brunette slowly turned to look at me and my stomach instantly dropped. I didn't recognize her, but anyone with eyes could see she was beautiful, and completely Noah's type; tattooed and dark hair and dark eyes. I never thought of myself as the jealous type but the fact he had a random woman in my home and that he was drinking with her made it even worse. He's supposed to be sober and we all know Noah makes stupid decisions while he's drunk. I could feel the heat rising in the tops of my ears and my cheeks, my mind envisioning me attacking her with my hands around her throat. However, I had to be considerate now that there was a small human growing inside me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked completely surprised.

"Excuse me?!" I scoffed. "This is my fucking house! What is SHE doing here?!"

"Wait..."he held his hands out cautiously not wanting me to get any wrong ideas or wanting me to explode. "Babe hold on let me explain..."

"Fuck you Noah!" My eyes started to water out of frustration that I couldn't allow myself to kick her ass. "This is what you do while I'm away at rehab?!"

"Fuck...Eve just fucking listen to me!" I turned around quickly not wanting to hear anything he had to say and I started for the door feeling overwhelmed and gasping for air. The anxiety attack coming on was making it hard to breathe.
I grabbed the car keys and bursted through the front door but Noah came after me, not wanting to let me drive off, especially while I was this upset.

"Will you just fucking hold on?!" He pleaded and he blocked the car door, standing in front of me, knowing there was know way I could get around him.
"No!" I screamed through watering eyes, "I've been gone for two weeks and you're already fucking someone else?! In OUR apartment?!" I shoved him.

"I'm not fucking her!" He screamed over me desperately trying to get me to calm down and let him explain. I saw the anonymous girl in question step out of our house and she kind of kept her distance while she waited for an Uber not wanting to upset me more. She was pretty convinced I was going to beat her ass. Before I could even say anything else, a car pulled up that I recognized to be Jolly's. What the fuck is going on? I saw the boys get out and they all looked at me completely surprised, thinking I was in California by now.