𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗶𝘅

Começar do início

The green-eyed boy had been so desperate for her to feel something. To try and cure all of her problems, to help her. He was her person.

"Yeah, maybe." She waved off the plan.

There was a moment of silence before Jamie spoke again, "I just want you to be happy."

He just wanted her to be happy. She was happy with him, in their little bubble, but when she got to work, it was like she shut herself off. When was the last time she had spent time with Roy or Sam, hell, even Colin or Isaac? The girl couldn't remember the last time she went out for drinks at the end of a game to celebrate or the last time she had made chitchat with Beard.

Everything was in slow motion but also at double speed. Everything was going by so fast but also slow. Time was passing her by in a way she couldn't feel; would the team even miss her if she left? She was trying to hold on to nothing so bad, slipping through her fingers because there was nothing to grab onto.

When did she let herself get this confused?

Get this trapped?

Get this numb?

Get this unhappy?

"Bambi?" Her attention turned to Ted, who was walking up the stairs to find her. "I knew I'd find you here."

A smile ghosted upon her lips, but she couldn't get herself to give a genuine smile at the older man.

"What's on your mind, kid?" He mimicked the words he had asked her last year in the stands.

Tallulah thought for another moment, "How did you decide to come here? How did you leave your wife and your kid to be here?"

Ted looked out onto the football field, nodding his head and shrugging. "I had to do what was best for me and my family, but I love coaching, and I know I want to do it for the rest of my life."

"But how did you leave them?"

"I... I don't know. I don't think I truly 'left' them. I call Henry every chance I get, and they visit every time they can. I didn't leave them behind because they're still with me. They still care about me, and I still care about them, so you can't really leave them." Ted explained his perspective.

"I guess you're right... I don't know how to tell him."

Ted looked back at her, "I know." The mustached man reached into his back pocket, "This is from Sharon; she uhh... she had to leave early. She wrote me one too." Ted handed her a crisp white envelope. Tallulah looked questioning at the package but opened it and took out the letter all the same. She scanned over it, reading as she went.

To Tallulah,

Before you say anything, I want to say I'm sorry. I know you have trouble with people leaving you. Your parents left you alone and defenseless, so when you think people are going to leave, you tend to do it first. Don't do that to Jamie. I think we both know that he is never going to willingly leave you.

That boy cares about you, Tallulah. The type of true and utter care I think we both know comes from a type of true love that I have never experienced, but still, from what I've seen from all the patients, yours with Jamie is a true love. Don't make yourself give it up. You need to tell him.

Tallulah, you are one of the strongest people I know. You were built tough, you put up walls, you made sure you could survive alone, but you don't need to be alone anymore. You are surrounded by people that care, but you've been pushing people away. You constantly are. I know it's hard to understand, but you're not alone anymore. You haven't been for a while.

You need to realize that even if you go away and you do amazing rockstar things, these people at AFC Richmond are never going to give up on you. You're part of their family. Take the leap. As a last parting gift, I took the courtesy of telling Rebecca for you.

I know, I went behind your back, but call it therapist intuition. She's proud of you, beyond proud of you, but she also wants you to know you're always going to have a place here, photographer or not. So don't let that be your deciding factor. I want you to make this decision with your whole and complete decision without anything else but your heart and your soul getting in the way. Which is part of the reason I left as well.

I couldn't be the one who makes this life-altering decision for you. You are the one that has to decide your fate. Think of the last time you had to decide something this big. How did you leave your old position in the band? How did you choose not to do that and instead go for photography? Go back to that moment and figure it out, because Tallulah, you are one of the strongest people I know, and I know you can do this.

So, I'm asking you one more time, what do you want?

What do you want?

Sharon

Tallulah absorbed the words, letting them swirl around her like a gentle breeze. She lifted her gaze to meet Ted's, finding an unspoken understanding in his eyes. "I know what I have to do," she declared, her voice trembling yet imbued with determination.

Ted gave her a nod of acknowledgment, aware of the weight of her decision. He started to walk away, allowing her the space to reflect on her path forward, but then he paused, turning back to add, "You know, whatever you decide, Richmond will always be here," his voice was warm and reassuring, "Be your home."

Her eyes drifted from the vibrant green of the field to lock with Ted's, a silent gratitude shining in them. "I know," she replied softly.

"And if you do start touring, seeing the world and singing your heart out, just remember, I'm gonna bring Henry and we'll come to see you. Because I'll always support my Bambi," Ted said, a tender smile playing on his lips, lightening the load on Tallulah's heart.

A glimmer of joy flickered in her eyes. "I know that too." She stood, stepping forward to envelop Ted in a warm embrace. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice muffled against his shoulder.

"Of course," Ted replied, patting her back gently. He stepped back, a thoughtful look crossing his face. "You know, we're gonna have to make a tradition out of this. Last year, same day, you were here too, and you found your way back home," he remarked, a twinkle in his eye. "You'll always find your way back home."

Their shared smile was a testament to a bond forged in understanding and mutual respect, a promise that no matter where life's journey took her, Tallulah would always have a home to return to.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Blu Speaks.

Honestly one of my favorite chapters if this season, besides the light house cafe one. I hope you guys liked it. 

How's everyone doing?