10

The trio of siblings sat in the Impala, which had been restored, as Dean took the driver's seat

The trio of siblings sat in the Impala, which had been restored, as Dean took the driver's seat. Back in Black by AC/DC was playing loudly in the background, as both Dean and Melanie exhibited evident signs of enjoyment, by swaying their heads in synchrony to the rhythm of the music.

"Whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" Dean exclaimed, his tone overflowing with glee as he commented on the audible functionality of the car's engine. The man maintained a wide grin while expressing his joy at the vehicle's operation with a striking degree of enthusiasm.

"You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let me know, Dean." Sam jokingly propositioned, which prompted his sister to respond with a cheerful laugh.

"Oh, don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us." Dean asserted as he proceeded to gently stroke the wheel.

"You're in a good mood." Melanie proclaimed, in a light-hearted manner, as she observed her elder sibling who appeared to be rather pleased and cheerful.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Dean retorted, with a slightly teasing and nonchalant attitude.

"No reason." The blonde girl replied shaking her head with a huge smile.

"Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." Dean relayed the favorable circumstances that he had been experiencing, which had served to improve the previously gloomy situation.

"Wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mister Sunshine." Sam teased, with a hint of humor in his voice, alluding to the fact that his brother was exhibiting a positive attitude despite the macabre incidents that they had recently been exposed to. Dean and Melanie both expressed laughter at the remark, while a sense of cheerfulness permeated the atmosphere inside the car.

"How far to Red Lodge?" Dean inquired, displaying his intention to determine the precise distance between their current location and the desired destination.

"Uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam answered, while glancing at a map to confirm the distance.

"Good." Dean affirmed, expressing his approval of the relatively short distance that remained between them and their intended end point of the journey.

He proceeded to step on the accelerator and push the car to unprecedented speeds, with a remarkable display of confidence.

separador

Sam, Melanie and Dean were situated inside the office of the town sheriff. The trio were wearing suits to provide a plausible cover for their identity, as they attempted to pass themselves off as members of the press.

"The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time" The sheriff addressed the group, revealing his intention to maintain the confidentiality of the information pertaining to the case, and thus, decline to provide further details.