t h i r t y - t h r e e

Start from the beginning

"Ice cream game." Minji turns to me and replies.

"Never heard of that game before." I shake my head, walking around the back of the couch to sit with them.

"Probably because we invented it." Hyein says matter of factly.

"Yeah, five years ago. You just put ice cream in a bowl and try to eat as much as you can without your hands, what makes it fun is the ice cream being very cold and slippery so it's harder to do. Actually Hanni once tried it and claimed she was about to die and that we needed to bring her to the hospital, I remember that day she slipped and busted her ass in the lobby of the hospital." Eunchae says, wiping off some of the ice cream around her lips while shaking her head and giggling.

"HEY! I HEARD MY NAME!" Hanni shouted and her head popped up from the kitchen door.

"NO YOU DIDNT!" Eunchae shouted back.

"Just ignore them." Danielle said while rolling her eyes, I still noticed a fond smile on her lips despite her attempt at hiding it. "Anyway, wanna try?" she asks.

"In your dreams. You probably made this game when you were drunk and for whatever weird reason you stuck with it." I joked and Leeseo nudged my arm from beside me.

"Whatever, you were always boring." Danielle rolls her eyes.

"Hey! I am not boring." I cross my arms.

"Whatever sails ur boat mate." Kazuha says sarcastically.

"Fine! I'll try." I stand up and they all cheer.

"Set your bets." Hyein says, holding up a folded piece of cash, "Left pile is bets on Haerin winning, right side is Danielle." she says and they all put their cash onto the piles.

"I'm literally on the right side why would you switch pile-" I protested but was cut off by Hyein. "Alright! Let's begin." she shouts, and I roll my eyes.

I kneel in front of the table, the bowl in front of me, and Hyein sits by the table too, taking out a pint of ice cream and scooping it into each of our bowls.

I tie my hair up in a ponytail so it doesn't get in the way with Danielle doing the same, that didn't mean some strands didn't come in the way though.

"Ready?" Minji asks, her phone out for a timer.

Me and Danielle nod.

"Go!" she shouts and we both dig our heads in the bowls.

I instantly lean back, my teeth feel like fragile glass, the pain from the icy ice cream making me nauseas. I see why Hanni was THAT dramatic. I thought.

I look to my right and Danielle is still going, motivating me to dig back in.

I try to grab all the chunks in my mouth, and I lean my head back to liquify it more, making it easier to swallow.

"Go Haerin! C'mon!" Hyein fiddles.

"Fuck! Brain freeze." I hear Danielle from beside me declare, and she leans back for a break, her face scrunched.

I take the opportunity and ignore the pain, the adrenaline distracting me from the cold for the split second I catch all the ice cream into my mouth.

I starighten my back, hands in the air, "Done!" I can feel the ice cream around my mouth and some in bits of my hair.

"Wow, Danielle you suck." Hyein laughs as Minji reads the time on her phone out loud.

"Thirty seconds, new record ladies and gentlemen." Minji holds her phone up, showing it to the small audience.