s i x t e e n

Haerin's POV:

When we arrive back home, it seems like everyone is dead.

Leeseo calls out a few of their names but there's no answer, "Well, guess they went out." she concludes.

I place my stuff down on the kitchen counter and go up to change back into my pajamas.

When I walk out of the room, I see Hanni walk out of hers, she was just pulling her shirt down when she notices me, smiling.

Like the coward I am, I run back into my room, instantly regretting the decision.

I sigh, "Idiot." I tell myself.

When I peak outside of my room again, she's gone, I probably pushed her away even more.

I walk back out, going down the stairs but keeping an eye out for Hanni, I embarrassed myself enough already.

"Why are you tiptoeing?" Leeseo then appears out of nowhere.

I flinch, "What?"

Then Hanni walks out of the living room, and I'm awkwardly standing halfway down the stairs.

"You were tiptoeing?" Hanni asks, eyebrows raised.

"No." I defend, finishing my way down the steps, ignoring the awkward situation that I've just put myself into.

I'm sure that at this point, my face has turned bright red.

"Did that guy freak you out?" Leeseo asks, catching Hanni's attention.

"What guy?" she asks.

"Some weirdo came up and talked to her." she points at me, and Hanni's eyes are instantly on me.

"Did he touch you? Are you alright?" she approaches me, taking my hand, the contact almost making me gasp from the sudden spark I feel there.

"I'm fine." my voice suddenly gets low, and I pull my hand out of her grip, making her step back, "He didn't touch me, he just spoke nonsense."

"He told her that she was the 'key'." Leeseo says, making jazz hands.

"Did he look familiar to you?" Hanni asks, I shake my head.

She then looks at Leeseo, who also does the same gesture, Hanni tilts her head back and sighs.

"What?" I ask.

"I hate worrying about the fact that we could lose you." she says, making my heartbeat increase.

"She'll be fine, she can take care of herself." Leeseo pats her back.

"I know, but it's still scary." Hanni looks back up at me, her eyes staying on mine for a while before I look away.

"Hey gays." Minji enters with Danielle.

"Where'd you guys go?" I ask.

"Eunchae, Kazuha and Hyein went grocery shopping, we got called to work." Danielle answers.

"It's a Sunday." I raise a brow.

"Mhm." Minji replies.

"I need to talk to you." Hanni walks over to them and I look at Leeseo, she shrugs.

Hanni leads them to the living room, "Don't worry about it." Leeseo reassures me, and walks upstairs.

But I can't just not worry about it, the very bad voice in the back of my head is telling me that I should go and listen to them.

And my good one isn't speaking to me at all, it wants me to go listen.

I take a few careful steps towards the living room and stay behind the door frame.