60 | Looking for Masters

Mulai dari awal

"Trying to find Anakin," she said with a shrug. "I guess he is doing whatever he does every time he is on Coruscant—" Rylann noted Kenobi flinch, anxiety rising within him. "He always likes to avoid authorities, so he's probably out pranking some poor, innocent bystander." Rylann felt Kenobi relax.

Yep, Anakin was probably hanging out with Padme.

Shaak Ti made her way to Rylann's side. "What is it you need?"

"I wanted to know if there are any updates on the Project Conduit stuff," Rylann whispered, leaning closer to Shaak Ti so that no one would hear. But that really didn't matter since Ahsoka doodling something into Kenobi's cast much to his chagrin.

"Nothing yet, but I will keep you posted," Shaak Ti replied. She looked about the room at the loads of clones recovering. "And this isn't even all of them."

Rylann followed her gaze, heart sinking. She hadn't been there for the battle, but Joseta had. "How's Joseta?"

Kenobi slid off the table, limping over. "She got a head injury but was released this morning."

Ahsoka frowned. "I wonder if that's where Rex and Anakin are. Ani has found a joy in teasing her about piloting."

"He of all people should not tease of such things." He walked past Shaak Ti, patting her on the back. "I will see you around, Shaak Ti."

Shaak Ti smiled after him, her walls coming down for a moment. Rylann felt hope rise in her master. Her eyes widened but Shaak Ti was too busy staring off after the general to notice Rylann noticing.

A line beeping brought Rylann back to the present. A clone medic rushed over to a table to give CPR to attempt to bring back the clone. Chills shot up Rylann's spine. "Is anyone I know...gone?"

Shaak Ti thought for a moment before turning to the right. "No one perished that you know, but you might want to see someone in recovery."

Shaak Ti led her and Ahsoka through the beds of clones, Rylann's heart thumping heavily in her chest. Who could it be?

"Commander Tetra!" A voice squeaked out as the curtain was pulled back.

"Giggles," Rylann whispered, rushing to his side. She looked all over him for signs of injuries, her eyes falling on his bandaged stomach. "What happened?"

"Bug got me," he said weakly, pointing to his gut. "Had a lot of guts."

Ahsoka laughed and Rylann couldn't stop the smile that formed on her face. "You Smiley-face."

He grinned back, turning his head to face her, revealing his tattoo.

"Wow, more like smiley-neck," Ahsoka said, eying his ink. "Looks snazzy."

"Brody did it when I was sleeping once," Giggles said, running his fingers through his curly mop of hair. "I'm surprised he didn't wake me up. I thought tattoos were painful."

"I want to get one but I don't want the pain," Ahsoka said, seating herself at the side of his bed as Shaak Ti pulled to medic aside to discuss who knew what.

Giggles looked over at Rylann as she sat down. He looked confused. "Jedi can get tattoos?"

Rylann nodded. "Once you're graduated."

Ahsoka grinned, clasping her hands as she leaned forward on her legs. "I know what I'm doing when I pass the Trials."

"Speaking of the Trials, I gotta go practice," Rylann said, placing her hands on Giggles'. "How much longer will you be here?"

"Anywhere between a couple more days and a week or two," Giggles stated, wiggling to sit more comfortably. "Thanks for visiting though."

"Come on Ahsoka," Rylann said, standing to her feet. "We have to find Ani—"

Giggles let out a gasp which made Ahsoka freeze as she had been standing up. "What?"

"You're Commander Ahsoka Tano?" Giggles asked, a whole octave above his normal talking voice. He slid under the covers as awe struck his face. "I had only seen you from far away." He narrowed his eyes, sitting up more. "You look more normal than expected."

"Uh, thanks?" Ahsoka asked, scratching the back of her head.

Giggles reddened. "Either the boys say you look like a little kid or like a fierce warrior twice your height. But you look normal." She opened her mouth to speak but he beat her to it. "It's not a bad thing. You just feel like a real person."

"I would hope all the clones feel that way," Ahsoka said, averting her eyes as she picked at a loose thread on his blanket. "Are you 501st?"

"Crest Squadron, sir," he said, saluting, only to grip his stomach.

"Oh, you're the new one we had Rex pick out." Ahsoka nodded, looking at Rylann. "I heard we had you to thank for that."

Rylann didn't know what to say. She just recommended Giggles and Brody. "Well—"

"Yes, thank you, Commander," Giggles said, genuine gratitude rolling off of his being. "I never would have been selected for ARC training if it hadn't been for you."

"ARC training," Rylann mouthed, brows shooting up. "Now that's cool."

"Well, it was cool, even if it only lasted for thirty minutes," Giggles said, laughing dryly. He gestured to his stomach. "Then I had to get shot and Dr.—Sergeant Pro'oz lady and Captain Rex had to drag me off the field. It was embarrassing." He looked down, smoothing down his blanket, but he brushed Ahsoka's fingers off the bed. "Oh, I am sorry!" He was bright red.

Maybe it was time to save Giggles some dignity and leave. "We need to find Anakin."

And so they left.