1

"Ah here we are. Say, how did you manage to get into 1A?" My best friend asks as his tired looking eyes meet mine.

"The entrance exam was based on points. We both took it so you know that. My fan blades can cut through things easily, seeing as they are a family heirloom that I was chosen to have" I state simply as I make sure my mask is covering my face completely.

"I'm just worried about you Y/n. You will have to take off that mask for fitness activities. And I don't want people to fear you" he says as I smile under my mask.

"I know how to gain trust. Don't worry about me Shinsou. I'll be just fine" I say as we walk through the front doors of my new school.

As I sit in the back, I feel eyes on me already. So I turn to glance at the purple haired boy with jelly orbs laced in his hair.

Or should I say eye? His bangs cover the one as it is.

"Can I help you? " I ask slowly, trying to stay calm.

"I seen you before" he says as he then smiles widely.

"Ah yes! I know you! We had gym together in middle school. I just never spoke to you. I think people were afraid of your quirk" he says as I just sit there.

I could befriend him. He seen my mouth on multiple occasions.

"And you aren't? " I ask cooly as he shakes his head no.

"No of course not. You can't help that you were born with it. I'm Mineta" he says as he holds out his hand.

I'm hesitant but I shake it.

"Why is your quirk scary? " a fellow blonde asks. He looks like the human version of Pikachu from the Pokemon franchise.

"She's a Mileena descendant. Her mouth is kinda strange looking. And she is a cannibal" he explains. That's when I realized Mineta said that quietly to him so that others didn't hear.

Which means I can place my trust into this somewhat short dude with long purple hair and looks like grapes.

"Ah. Well I don't mind. I'm Denki Kaminari! And hey don't we all have side effects to our quirks?" Denki asks as Mineta nods.

The first classes past smoothly. And when it's time for lunch, Shinsou finds me with my two new friends almost immediately.

"Holy shit. You can socialize. I think I have underestimated you- and holy shit someone shorter than you! By like three inches but still! " Shinsou says as some blonde trails behind him.

"Shinsou move your ass before I make you" the guy says.

"And we have tendancy to find the blonde boys" I state as Denki turns around.

"Oh yea Y/n you can go sit down if you want. I don't know if you brought your own lunch or not" he says as I shake my head.

"I did yes, but I wanna get white rice" I say as he nods.

That means they have to see me with my mask off.

I learned that Shinsou's new friend is named Neito Monoma.

And he's a cocky motherfucker.

When we sit down to eat I notice that they purposely picked a spot near a corner so people can't see us, especially since they are booths. Not only that I'm sitting on the inside, next to Mineta and across from Shinsou.

They did this on purpose to try and make me feel comfortable. Which makes my anxiety clear up a lot.

I remove my mask slowly as Denki and Monoma look at it. It's just like when you see something new for the first time.

"Wicked" Monoma says with a smirk. Oh he's an interesting critter...

"Does it hurt? That looks painful" Denki asks. No one has ever asked that before.

"No it doesn't. My body naturally produces special cells that prevent my body from decaying. The cells are a good defense to all sorts of quirks similar to decaying" I explain as Denki nods.

"Oh good. I was worried there for a second" he says. Mineta was right, cause he ate as if nothing was wrong. And so did the others.

I prepped my food certain way so that it doesn't look disgusting and they find that out quickly enough as Denki asks if he can try it. I told him he probably shouldn't cause it's human and not animal and it could contain diseases due to that. But he insisted anyways so I watch him try it and he actually said it was good.

This is going to be interesting. I never had a friend group before. Nor have I actually felt completely comfortable around a group of people in my entire life.