The Price of Guilt

It had been 4 months since Mount Weather. Bellamy's mood has been sour ever since; so when he went on a solo hunting mission and was face to face with a few grounders, fighting over the game and territory.. He wasn't all that surprised to be bound and gagged in front of the Trikru Commander.

Bellamy is being presented to the Commander for his 'crimes', awaiting a punishment. As the guard holding him and the Commander talk in Trigedasleng, Bellamy simply zones out in rage. Then he hears someone run in and mention the name "Wanheda". Since Mount Weather, it seems the grounders are scared of Clarke and her ability to kill an entire mountain with a single switch. Commander of Death is what it means. He used to be enraged by this, but after it really sank in how evil she was for leaving him alone to bear it all on his own, he found it kinda comical.

Like anywhere, the mention of Wanheda had everyone perked up. The Commander glared at her second, Indra, and nodded to the messenger. The guard drags Bellamy to the side of the room so that there's a clear path to the Commander. Bellamy doesn't really think much upon hearing Clarke's alias. She's the whispers in the villages, and the villain in stories, a myth. He hasn't and doesn't want to see Clarke ever again. 

Then she walks in. The guard at his side tenses and places his hand over his sword, as does Indra, the Commander's second. Clarke doesn't spare him a look, but he wouldn't have noticed anyway. He seethes with rage at her audacity to show up, to appear in his life after all this time. Clarke walks confidently to just before the throne. 

A heated conversation is had between Clarke and the Commander. Of course, Bellamy doesn't understand Trigedasleng, so he doesn't know what about until they both glance at him. Oh great. He's the topic. There's a long pause as Clarke and the Commander glare at each other before the Commander simply lifts her left hand with a wave. Then he's dragged outside of the room by the guard.

Bellamy imagines he would be thrown into a cell to await his execution. Instead, he's led into the forest outside their village. When the guard pulls out the knife in his belt, he thinks that this is it. A swift flick of his blade and light shove into the forest leaves Bellamy standing confused. The guard turns on his heel and heads back to his village. 

Clarke hid out in the trees watching. She spent most of her time up in the trees, keeping tabs on everything around her. She tended to hover near the villages surrounding Camp Jaha. Keeping an eye on the activity and talk of the grounders closest to her people.

She had a basic understanding of the grounder language, Trigedasleng, before Mount Weather; but 5 months of listening to almost exclusively Trigedasleng has made her nearly fluent. Although, she doesn't use it much for speaking. She keeps to herself in the woods and the trees as much as she can. Until she HAS to step in.

She is slumped in a tree, dozing off when she hears a fight. From her tree, she can't quite see what's happening, but the sound gives her an approximate where. She scans for movement coming from that direction. She can make out movement, but not much else. She waits until minutes have passed since she last heard anything, and then she drops from her position in the tree. 

She carefully makes her way towards where the noises had originated and finds a dead grounder. She checks his pulse quickly to confirm and then takes a minute of quiet. Then she follows in the direction of the village nearby.

Just outside the village, she can make out a grounder guard dragging someone along towards the center building. She quickly moves closer to see who it is. It is none other than Bellamy. Her heart stops and she freezes on the spot. When she finally snaps to, the guard and Bellamy are gone. She knows she can help if she leverages her title and gets there in time. She tries to slink through the village and goes to the first patrolling grounder she finds.