29 - Falling For U

Start from the beginning

"Pardon?"

"You've two choices." Jihyo stated, "Dump the present and tell him everything about his past right away. But there's literally no chance that he'll take it positively. His reaction maybe as simple as a mere confusion or as severe as being admitted in the hospital for undefined amount of time.

Second, let him forget his past and encourage him to accept his present. And eventually, you'll be able to tell him the truth as well."

"How so?" Seungcheol asked.

"I already told you, he's healing through his present. Once he's completely fine, I'll assure you that he will listen to his past stories like a fairytale. He'll warmly accept his family and won't regret a single piece of his life." Jihyo stated, "All you have to do is to take the first step."

"Why didn't you use this technique in these six years?"

"Two reasons. First, the Serenity team was approaching it emotionally. We had no idea about his past fellows so they didn't want to remove them from Jeonghan's life. They said it would be an injustice to his family." Jihyo explained, "Second was my medical approach. He never talked about anything except for his past, no matter how much I tried. Plus the effect of the drug Jihye was giving him. He wasn't ready to let go of his past and I couldn't stress him much."

"Is he ready to let it go now?"

"I think so." Jihyo nodded, "Because he doesn't talk about it anymore. He's way more invested in you guys now, all 12 of you. Specially you."

Seungcheol chuckled at the mention.

"I know you're worried about his family but I promise you Mr. Choi, I won't let your promise to them go in vain." Jihyo assured, "We will be able to tell him when he heals completely."

"I agree with you Miss Park but he doesn't talk to me about his past either. He just told me everything once and that's it." Seungcheol muttered, "Where should I start?"

"Did you gift him the pendant he wears?"

"Y-yes."

"Ask him to remove it." Jihyo sternly stated.

"What?"

"Yes. He can keep it with himself but he shouldn't wear it." Jihyo scoffed, "Since you're the one who gifted it to him, you should be the one to detach it for him. And I'm not asking you to do it right now. Take your time, take it slow. Whenever you think is the right time to do so, you can take action."

"Okay Miss Park, I'll try my best. Thank you."

•Serenity HQ•

•Serenity HQ•

As soon as Seungcheol returned, his first priority was to check on Jeonghan. He made his way to his room and saw that the door was open. Hoshi, Minghao and Seungkwan were sitting with him on the bed while Jeonghan had just finished his breakfast.