6. Familiar faces

Start from the beginning

,,Hands up, kid"

Natasha ordered, her voice firm. When Saylor turned, she could see the former assassin had her gun raised at her, her piercing emerald eyes fixated on her.

The 16 year olds mind was racing. How was she gonna escape if on the one side, she faced a wall too high enough to climb over and on the other side, one of the worlds mightiest heroes? It seemed physically impossible, even for someone with powers like hers.

,,Okay we have two options, either, you surrender and let us help you or ... the hard way"

The spy listed calmly, shrugging as she finished her sentence. Saylor looked at her, not the biggest fan of just giving up. Besides, "helping her" probably meant locking her in a cell and treating her like an animal, or worse, a lab rat ... like the redroom did.

What she didn't know was, that the redhead with the gun knew exactly what it was like to be treated like a weapon, like your feelings don't matter, like you don't matter.

,,Whats the hard way?"

Saylor asked, her eyes glaring daggers at the avenger. The woman smirked.

,,I'm gonna fire. It's not gonna kill you, just ... make you sleep for a while"

She explained, her voice stripped of any kind of emotion. Yet, the 16 year old could tell she wasn't kidding. Still, she wasn't gonna back down.

,,You do know I have powers though, right?"

Saylor raised an eyebrow, almost mocking her. Internally, her heart was beating so hard she could feel it in her throat, but she wasn't gonna let that show. That was one of the first things she'd been taught in the red room. Never. Show. Fear.

Natasha gripped her gun a little tighter, her finger on the trigger, ready to fire. Mere milliseconds later, she did, leading Saylor to extend her arm straight in front of her, hand in a stop motion. The little arrow fell to the ground with a cling.

The latter took a deep breath, before the avenger's foot missed her face by mere inches, her shoe grazing her face just enough to leave quite the scratch. Saylor didn't hesitate, trying to swipe the redhead's leg, to no success.

It was almost like their fighting styles mirrored one another, although Natasha had a lot more aim behind each attack.

But then, the opportunity of freedom presented itself to Saylor, when she'd managed to dodge yet another attack by the spy, which, unfortunately for her, sent her flying unto the wall.

,,Okay, this was really nice, but I've gotta go"

The 16 year old smirked, before making a run for it. She sprinted, until she was sure to have evaded the redhead, ending up in her usual hideout...

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

Present time:

,,I got it by ..."

Saylor thought for a moment. Was it really that great of an idea to tell a practical stranger about her encounter with the avengers. If she did, she'd probably have to explain why she was running from them in the first place.

,,I got it by falling. Yea, I ... I uh tripped over my own feet and uhm, yea"

She lied, looking the boy straight in the eyes. Luckily for her, lying was something she could do without anyone noticing, if they weren't a superspy ... or someone from the red room.

Peter looked quite disappointed, as the girl had hyped the story up beforehand. Something told him she wasn't being entirely truthful, but he wasn't gonna pressure her.

,,Oh, okay, I guess that makes sense"

He responded, his eyes a little wider than before. Saylor kinda pressed her lips together, nodding before she clicked her tongue.

,,Yea. I uh, I guess I'll go home now, told my- my mom I'd be home by now"

Another lie. She didn't have a mom who worried about her. Not anymore. Not since she'd let them die two years ago.

,,Yea I get that. My aunt's gonna be freaked when she catches me out this late, so I should go too"

Peter agreed as he got up, offering Saylor his hand as soon as he stood. She grinned, before taking his hand and pulling herself up.

,,It was nice to meet you, Peter Parker"

She admitted, feeling like she'd found a loyal friend and if push came to shove, an ally. Peter gave another nod, confirming he felt the same:

,,Yea, nice to meet you too, Saylor"

The girl smiled once more, before turning to leave. Peter stared after her for a little, before he turned around as well.

,,Oh, and Peter"

Peter turned back around.

,,Try Spider-man. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

Saylor grinned, before she vanished behind the stairs back down to the city that never sleeps. The boy caught himself smiling a little as he realised that Spiderman did sound nice.

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

A/N: Oh hi, I might be a little obsessed with flashback scenes bc it allows me to go back and explain things :)) Anyways, Saylor met Yelenaaaa, *le gasp*. I bet you didn't expect that at all, HAHA. Also, what dyou think of Peter and Saylor? They make a pretty good pair of friends, right?
Okay, have a great day/night, stay amazing and I'll see you around, bye beautiful people <33