Chapter 21

Long For You by Hyunjin

The morning's sunlight sneaks between the curtains, and Felix can see smoke dance in the line of light

The morning's sunlight sneaks between the curtains, and Felix can see smoke dance in the line of light. The sound of Minho and Hyunjin's arguing can be heard from the hallway, even though he doesn't want to hear any of it, he still listens carefully.

He runs his shaky hand in the hair and lets smoke out that had filled his lungs. Felix is waiting for the moment where that weed relieves his stress, but that moment just won't come. He doesn't even want to think about university, already missed so many days, but even thought of going outside makes him sick.

From Hyunjin's couch, which Felix is leaning against, there stands long mirror, making Felix's sparkly eyes, filled with tears, visible. Along with his dark black hair that he now looks at with hint of disgust.

Felix has weird habit of associating hair colors with events of his life. Blue hair used to remind him of the night Changbin rejected him, and that's exactly the night that came with thoughts of not being enough. Blue reminded him of every moment, when he would lock in the bathroom and stare at his every feature with disgust.

To be honest, Felix was tired from dying his hair and hoping that this time, the color will be associated with something filled with joy.

Felix puts on Hyunjin's pants, first ones that his hands find in his closet, folding the end of the pants, because he is stepping on them, taking a last deep breath before stepping outside.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Felix asks, his voice too bright, too forced. He flashes Hyunjin and Minho a grin, hoping to deflect their attention away from the darkness that lurked behind his eyes.

Hyunjin's brow frowns in concern, "are you feeling okay, Felix?"

"Of course, I'm fine!" He once again smiles, "just need to grab something from the store real quick."

"You sure you're alright? You don't look so good." Minho chimes in, bringing his hand on Felix's shoulder as a gesture of reassurance and comfort, but he brushes it off quickly.

If they continue being this nice, Felix will break down in tears.

"I'm okay, nothing even happened stop treating me like I'm traumatized."

"Felix, you should rest. " Minho slowly says.

"You won't even give me a speech about missing too many lectures at university?" Felix chuckles, trying his best to look okay. Was he trying to mask this hard for their stupid concerns to end, or he just wanted to believe that he was okay?

"What do you need in store anyway? I made sure to fill the fridge with chocolate milk." Hyunjin warmly smiles, making Felix want to cry even more, but he doesn't answer anything, instead he turns on his heel to make his way to exit.

"Felix!" Minho calls out, but Hyunjin stops him with a gentle pad on his arm.

"He needs to go out a little, relax."