Chapter 172: Returning Home

Depuis le début

Eventually, about an hour later, we ventured through the first district and arrived in the second district, more commonly known as the noble district; however, I didn't have Zulo and Zala do the same thing as before; instead, I ordered them to bypass this district. Knowing the nobles, they would either wish to speak with me about various topics I wasn't interested in and held little to no knowledge about since I didn't find them interesting, or they would invite me to some gathering of the sort; I wasn't interested in doing either, all I wished to do is head home and take a bath.

'It feels nice to see those gates, though I'm surprised I don't see Elaine; knowing her, I'd imagine she'd already be outside waiting for my arrival.' Mused Elif as he spotted the gates that led into the royal grounds, which numerous Royal guards surrounded.

Considering this was one of the two royal carriages, there was no need to display my medallion as the guards gave a deep bow before quickly opening the gate, allowing us passage into the royal grounds. Once inside, the carriage stopped as Mandy opened the door, to which Idonea, Illumia, and Marley exited, finally followed by me.

"Haa, it feels good to be back finally. I wonder how Sarah's doing; I should check on her soon. I haven't spoken with her in almost a month." Said Marley with a light smile while looking at the massive and majestic palace before her as she headed straight toward it.

"You didn't bring with you a crystal ball? I'm sure I've given you some; what happened to them?" Asked Elif as he glanced at Marley, who shrunk in fear.

"U-Um, well, I-I accidentally broke one, and the others were u-used for a different purpose." Replied Marley quietly with a heavily blushed face as she avoided eye contact while their conversation inadvertently caused Idonea to blush as well.

Looking at Marley with a raised eyebrow, while she didn't seem to be lying, she wasn't exactly telling the whole truth, though in all honesty, I didn't really care what she did with her crystal balls; they were hers after all.

"Well, whatever, just make sure you dedicate a crystal ball to me; someone as perfect and heavenly as me should be studied for future generations to learn from." Remarked Elif with a narcissistic smirk, though his words caused both Marley and Idonea to nod their heads awkwardly while staying silent, lest they accidentally expose possibly their biggest secret.

Entering the Palace, I searched for everyone with my divine sense, only to find Mother and Father in their usual spots in the throne room, while Grandfather and Grandmother seemed to be enjoying their time at their little retirement home in the courtyard, though something to note is that I didn't sense Elaine, which was slightly weird, I suppose, she could be with Great-grandmother in the treasury or the royal library.

"Let's go and visit Mother and Father; I'm sure they'll be interested in knowing about my first exercise outside Yggdrasil, not to mention learning that I've gotten access to the Flames of Rebirth." Said Elif as he summoned his quạt tay and headed towards the throne room with several people in tow while passing by numerous servants and guards who bowed.

Navigating through the halls of the palace, which I've memorized by now, we eventually arrived before the large double doors that led to the throne room, and without a single hesitation, I opened the doors, entering the throne room. Once inside, I began walking down the long, narrow room with walls lined with royal guards. When I arrived near the thrones, which Mother and Father occupied, everyone besides Illumai and I kneeled as they paid their respects to the Empress and Emperor of the Empire.

"Mother, Father, it's good to see you two; I presume nothing intriguing has happened while I was gone?" Asked Elif curiously with a light smile as he looked at the smirking Maria and Marcus.

"Nope, nothing interesting has happened, though I don't know if you know, but in your little adventure, you've made quite the name for yourself." Replied Marcus with a smirk as he eyed the confused Elif.

"Defeating Prince Ivan of the Heavenly Empire in one attack; does that ring any bells, Elif?" Said Maria with a proud smile while Marcus chuckled.

"Oh, that's what you two meant. Honestly, I'd forgotten about Ivan; he wasn't that interesting. I found someone much more intriguing than Ivan." Remarked Elif with a nod; his words caused both Maria and Marcus to sigh while shaking their heads.

"Haa, you're really one of a kind, Elif; not even a Prince of an Immortal Hegemony can garner your interest. how many people have spouted such arrogant claims throughout history." Said Marcus with a sigh, though he couldn't hide his proud smile.

"I don't know, but even if there are, it couldn't be many." Added Maria while shaking her head.

"Anyways, enough about that fool Ivan; I've got something much more important to discuss, Mother and Father. I'm sure you'll both be astonished when I tell you." Stated Elif with a grin, his words garnering Maria and Marcus' attention as Elif began talking about the Phoenix Clan, specifically the flame of rebirth.