Chapter 171: Friendly Banter / Start of V6

Start from the beginning

"Correct if I'm wrong, Marley, but who is the one who just won yesterday's spar? I also don't view Marley as a sister, your Highness; I couldn't have a sister as ugly and stupid as her." Remarked Idonea calmly with a smirk, her words causing Elif to chuckle while Marley clenched her fists in anger.

'I don't know what happened between them, but ever since they experienced the cauldron burning, they've gotten much closer; before, they were merely good friends, but now they're like sisters, ones who always bicker, yet sisters nonetheless.' Mused Elif with a slight smile as he glanced at the enraged Marley while Idonea was calmly sitting in her seat, smirking.

"Hehe, anyways, I don't know why you two are so determined to figure out who is more attractive; Illumia is more charming than both of you, after all." Remarked Elif lightly while fanning himself with his quạt tay, his response causing Marley and Idonea to eye the smirking Illumia.

"It's because of her large breasts, isn't it?" Muttered Idonea quietly while looking at Illumina's impressive bust before glancing at her chest, which was even smaller than Marley's, and it wasn't like she had a large chest either.

"You two girls won't understand; you may both be considered women, but neither of you truly carry the aura and demeanor of a woman; such a thing is very alluring to men." Said Illumia with a slight smirk as she played along with three, though her remark got Marley and Idonea thinking.

"Still, at the end of the day, no matter how beautiful or gorgeous you three are, it doesn't matter since I'm the most handsome, charming, and mesmerizing person in existence; you all, at best, look average when standing beside me." Stated Elif narcissistically as he flipped his long silver hair and winked at the three, causing Idonea, Marley, and Illumia to stare blankly at him; although Illumia wished to deny his claim, she couldn't truthfully do so, though that didn't stop her from lying.

"Only freaks will find an underage boy attractive, your Highness." Remarked Illumia lightly, though her words had inadvertently called both Marley and Idonea freaks since they were slightly blushing as they looked at Elif.

"Tch, yeah, and only an idiot would desire an old woman like you." Replied Elif while his face twitched in annoyance as he eyed Illumia.

Believe it or not, but when I wasn't cultivating or bathing for the rest of the trip back home after leaving the Phoenix Clan, this is exactly how our conversations went; we'd, one way or another, always end up arguing amongst ourselves, and most the time Marley and idonea almost start fighting, though there were even a few rare moments where Illumia and I had entered a heated conversation; if it weren't for the massive difference in our cultivation base, I also would've fought Illumia, and I have no doubt she would indulge me as well.

Though we may have argued many times over the next several days, I had been enjoying myself, well mostly, except for the times when I wished to fight Illumia; besides those moments, I was also filled with amusement. Our conversations didn't use to be like this. Sure, we would talk, but it wasn't anything like this; I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that the cauldron burning had something to do with this. Ever since that incident, things had slightly changed; Marley and Idonea aren't nearly as reserved as before, though, of course, both make sure not to step outside their boundary.

However, the thing that has changed the most is the way I view them; before I merely saw Idonea and Marley as pets, enjoyable to have around, but I can just as easily live my life without them, and while that may sound rather cruel, it's much better than how I see everyone else as mere insects or objects; now though, I see them as living beings, of course, neither is close to being my equal, but I suppose, they've somehow managed to weasel their way into my heart, even if the area they inhabit is an incredibly minuscule section.

'Heh, besides Sarah and Illumia, I didn't expect someone else who wasn't my family would actually manage to hold a place in my heart. I suppose I'm not as indifferent as I thought I was; I still have tolerance for people, even if it is the slightest amount.' Thought Elif with a slight smile as he watched Illumia, Marley, and Idonea bickering amongst each other before glancing out the window, only to see Mandy smiling at him.

"Anyway, what are the three of you arguing about now when we are this close to home?" Asked Elif lightly as he looked out the window, viewing the familiar lands of the Elven Empire.

"We're arguing about who knows you better, and Miss Illumia over here has the audacity to claim she knows more than both Idonea and I combined!" Said Marley with a frown and a huff of annoyance while glancing at Elif before shifting her focus back toward Illumia.

"But I do; I've been beside His Highness shortly after his fourth birthday, and I haven't once left his side for a prolonged period of time; of course, I know more about His Highness than the two of you." Remarked Illumia lightly as she glanced at the frowning Marley and Idonea.

"That wouldn't work, Miss Illumia; I became His Highnesses follower six years ago, and Marley did so four years ago, and if we take that into account, the two of us have a combined ten years of serving His Highness; if we go by that logic, we've been serving his Highness two years longer than you, so we should know more about him than you." Declared Idonea calmly, her words causing Marley to smirk and nod in agreement.

"Yes, but besides the time when you went to the spirit realm alongside His Highness, all six of those years, you spent your time at the R.D.A and only interacted with His Highness for short periods through a crystal ball; even if we were to add those sessions together, it would at most amount to one full month of interactions plus the five months in the spirit realm, which is already stretching it." Stated Illumia with a triumphant smile as she looked at Marley's ugly expression and Idonea, who clicked her tongue in response.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 248: Tainted Silver) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 130: From Above?) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 225: Buster Call!)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 196: Pyramids In Space!?) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]