CHAPTER 6-NATHAN

If I had it in me I'd set Natalie Carson on fire right now or become a volcano myself and erupt making sure she is caught in the lava. It was good to say I was beyond fuming.

" Nathan, you know what, why don't you hold my cup, the tea will be heated in seconds" Cole, my cousin says with a smirk, enjoying my misery

" Is everything set? Did the doctors- why are you red? Do you have a fever? Oh my god Oliver! Nathan has a fever!" Mom rushed to check my temperature, as if I was a small child. Way to make a scene and as if it wasn't enough Natalie Carson entered right on time.

" Natalie, will you check up on Nate? He is having a fever. He never gets a fever. This is concerning" mom cried to her. My anguish turned into torment when she gave me a whole checkout from top to bottom, her eyes settling on my chest-wet chest.

" Don't worry Mrs. Wild. He isn't ill.. well I'd say he should probably go and check his mental condition but physically he is all right. His symptoms are the result of his bruised ego when I threw a cup of water on him" she said it so shamelessly as if she was explaining a patient's diagnosis to a family...wait am I the patient here?

Mom was taken back and looked in between her and me, totally confused about what just happened. " Why would you do such a thing dear?"

" Your Son just called me a heartless bitch and a terrible monster who isn't sympathetic towards her long lost sister who I'd abandoned. I say I had every right to throw just a glass of water on him. You should tell your son that I was very generous enough to him since he is my sister's brother-in -law. I could have taken a shovel and hacked him in pieces for that insult."

" Are You for real! How dare you speak that way about me to my mother! You have no idea who I am!" I yelled but she simply raised her hand up signaling a stop, her palm facing me.

" I don't care who you are. I am here to take care of my sister and make sure her health doesn't deteriorate. If you are gonna insult me I will return the favor effortlessly Mr. Wild" she said calmly glaring at me while keeping a straight face. She was making me look like I was some teenager loosing control over my emotion and have anger issues

" Mom! I want her out of my sight! I hate her!" I snap.. If she says one more thing I might forget my manner and do something. I've known her for less than one week and hadn't interacted much but somehow in my 31 years of life aside from Victoria, she has a talent of bringing out the worst out of me.

" Yes, the rich boy complain to mommy, will you? Mrs. Wild, you can tell your son the feeling is mutual and if he wants me out of his sight he can go on a time out and stare at the wall. It might be good for his childish tantrums." she says and goes straight into the room Mary has been shifted to.

It has been just over 30 minutes Mary has been shifted to our mansion and 30 minutes Natalie Carson has been here and I already lost my shit.

"Mom I swear-" I tell my mom but stop when I see a different kind of smile tugged at her lips and a glow in her eyes. The glow I last saw before they all died. What was it exactly that made her smile like that?

" Your son just got told over by a stranger, ME-Nathan Wild and you are smiling?" I asked her, my anger all disappeared at once seeing my mother's smile.

" It's been a long time since I've seen that," she said, smiling.

" See what?" I asked her curious about what she was talking about. She only smiled.

" You snobbish rich people getting told off. Not everyone has the guts to do it" she said and went inside the kitchen leaving me all confused. She is happy that someone insulted me? How does that make any sense?