33

Her once beautiful and fearless eyes lock on mine and all that shines back is pure terror. Her tear stricken cheeks makes my heart constrict as an strangle cry rips through her throat.

Chase's arms hold me tight as I try to go to her, help her out in any way that I can. "They're watching," he whispers into my ear in an almost inaudible voice. He then quickly releases me and I stand firmly above my mother. "Act like you're trying to stop me." He strategically places my hands on his forearms and he leans forward. His face contorted into an indescribable emotion as if he were distraught.

"Alpha!" he cries out and I push him back pressing my long forgotten gun into his chest. My eyes fall upon my mother again I clear my throat and take a deep breath.

"You're the famous Alpha Hunter," my mother's eyes burn into mine, "it is you!" Her mouth opens up and gasping for air and that is when I see the crimson liquid in her mouth. She spits it out and her head slumps to the ground defeated.

I need to get out of here before I go gun crazy and start shooting everyone that comes close to her. I can do a lot of damage but would that be enough to get my mother and Chase out of here safely.

"We should head back," Chase releases a convincing growl, "either walk or be chained up like her," I hiss and Chase starts walking back to the entrance.

Luke is right where we left him. He looks at me as Chase shoves pass him and his whole body stiffens. "He looks livid," Luke smirks at me and the sudden urge for my fist to connect with his face overwhelms me.

"That's his alpha," the words leave my lips through clench teeth.

"So that's her," Luke nods back at my mother and I give him a stiff nod.

"I'm going to go back and report this to my boss," I hiss at him.

"You're coming back, right?" Of course I am!

"Yes I just need to cut all ties with my boss," Luke nods his understanding.

"Then leave the bag here with us that way I know you have a reason to come back." Everything in that bag is replaceable not like my mother.

"I rather not," walking towards Chase I can sense Luke right behind me.

"Then leave the pup," he says as if it was that easy. I'm not leaving him with you!

"No he's my only proof that I actually made it into the pack house," I growl at him.

"I'll go with you!" My annoyance has reached a new level. Stopping right behind Chase I spin on my heels and face Luke.

"I already said no! Thank you for getting me this far but I have everything I need and I am a girl of my word I will be back. So back off!" My glare does not faze him instead he smiles at me.

"God Angel you look so damn hot when you're mad," he bites his lower lip as his eyes are smoldering.

"I have to go," I grind my teeth and turn around, "come on pup." I make my way through the trees towards where we parked the car.

"You know where to find me Angel." Once the last word left his lips a howl erupts close by. "Pack meeting," he surprises me by being by my side. "Mind sparing a couple minutes Angel face."

Should I head deeper into the wolf's den?

"I think I can," I give him a weak smile and Luke places a gentle hand on the small of my back guiding us to where the pack is meeting.

Chase is by my side and has yet to utter a word. The pack is right where we left them. All the people are surrounding Floyd. He stands in the middle if this was an actual pack he undoubtedly would be the alpha. His stature looms over the rest of the males and the way he carries himself reminds me Of my parents.