12

*What do you think of the twins above as Carl and Hector? Madison's picture is in chapter 11*

Dear Journal,

Who knew wolves suffer through heartbreak like us humans? I guess I am going to a party with Chase tonight. All because we ran into his ex-girlfriend. I might invite some more people to this shindig.

We'll see how tonight goes.

Love,
Melody Hunter

Running inside the house I almost crash into Madison.

"Watch where you're going," she hisses in distaste. I am about to give her the finger when the boys come out of the kitchen.

"Madison, you need to calm down she is in her rightful place where we are just visitors," Hector smiles at me and I smile back at him. Carl makes his way towards us and looks at what is happening before him he shrugs. That is what I love about Carl he never gets into other people's business.

"Whatever! She thinks she is so darn special because she is the daughter of the alphas. Take that away and what is she? I'll tell you a runt, human, and worthless!" My blood boils and I have the nerve to beat the shit out of her but what would that get me? Nothing that's what. She'll probably have me on the floor before I even get scratch on her.

"Carl, Hector, I'm going to a party later tonight want to come with?" I ask and I can feel Madison's eyes on me. "A bunch of town kids are going and they want to make it bigger than anything they've seen. So are you two in?"

"I don't know Alpha Hunter might not allow us to," Carl starts.

"Let me handle Alpha Hunter, so do I take that as a yes?" They both nod and give each other a mischievous stare.

"Yes!" They both reply happily.

"Get ready we're leaving soon." The boys leave and I am alone with Madison there is this tension that my heart starts accelerating it feels as if I were waiting for a cobra to strike.

"So you're taking my brothers out," I roll my eyes.

You were here when I said it.

"How did you find out?" I hiss at her and turn on my heels heading for the stairs.

If she thinks I'm inviting her she must be out of her damn mind.

Once in the privacy of my room I head into my closet. What to wear? What to wear? My fingers skim over the fabric my eyes searching for something to catch their attention.

"Melody!" The scream from down stairs makes my fingers freeze and I gasp for air, "Come down here now!"

Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! That is the mantra in my head with every step that I take. Making my way downstairs I can feel the hairs on my arms rise.

"Yes mother," I try to sound as innocent as possible when I see her standing in the middle of the living room with Madison in the couch behind her with my mother's back on her she smirks at me.

"Are you being unhospitable towards your cousin?" She narrows her eyes at me and I let the look of confusion sweep my face.

"No, matter of fact, I am going out with Carl and Hector tonight," I smile at her as if I just accomplished something that should make her proud.

"And you're planning on leaving little Madison behind?" Little? The bitch is older than me.

"Oh I'm sowy widdle Madison is sad," I mock at her in a baby tone.