Lorenzo chuckled, causing Dayvon to join in and laugh. One thing about Von, he was never ashamed of the type of music he made. He knew each song had a real life story behind it. The things he rapped about were events that he lived through growing up.

"Yeah, Im not gon argue wit you on that one."

Von agreed.

"But seriously, the stories you tell with your music is truly inspiring. I've heard some of the other music being aired now-a-days, and although I may not be much of a fan of it all, miss Kaliyah has definitely made me a fan of you."

Dayvon couldn't help it but smile, especially at the mention of Kaliyah. he always knew that Kaliyah felt deeply about him, but seeing how she constantly spoke highly of him to her father only made Von feel nothing short of special.

"That's what's up. I appreciate that comin' from you."

He grinned.

"How did you two meet again? Kaliyah told me once before, but I would like to hear your side of things."

Lorenzo took a sip of his iced water, while leaning back into the couch. Dayvon couldn't stop himself from grinning, immediately thinking back to the night that he ran into Kaliyah all those years ago.

"We uhhh, we met a little before high school at sum party. I aint neva' seen ha around town before. No disrespect, but she was mean as hell at first."

He candidly admitted, earning a deep laugh from Lorenzo. His laughter nearly echoed throughout the house, causing none other then Kaliyah to poke her head into the living room with a curious look on her face.

"That definitely sounds like my daughter alright. She sure left that part out."

He continued to laugh.

"Uhhh, what are you two talking about?"

Kaliyah nosily spoke, making her way towards them. She had pulled a few of her locs into a half up half down style, leaving room for nothing but her beautiful facial features to show. She had her hands on her hips, with her eyebrow raised while looking between the two men.

"Oh nun. We jus' talkin' about you."

Von said, shooting her an infamous smirk. Kaliyah could feel her cheeks beginning to flush as she decided to take a seat right across from them.

"Dayvon was just filling me in on how y'all two first met."

"Ohhhh gosh, Dad. I already told you this story."

She playfully groaned.

"Yeah well, I'd like to hear it from a different perspective."

Lorenzo teased. Kaliyah just shook her head playfully as Von continued on with his story.

"Anyway, I met ha on new years eve at some party, this had to be back in 2008 I believe—"

"Hold up, 2008? Is this the night you told me you were hanging out with Asian? You never mentioned going to any party that day."

Lorenzo playfully frowned, giving Kaliyah a look.

"Uhhh— I have no idea what you're talking about."

Kaliyah quickly said, holding in her laughter.

"Did somebody say Asian?"

Asian suddenly spoke up, just as she entered the room. Immediately, the good and positive vibes shifted as Asian made her way over with an innocent facial expression. Dayvon did his best to keep his mug from forming, while Kaliyah's smile instantly disappeared. Asian just invited herself in, taking a seat right next to Kaliyah on the couch.