Chapter 29

Yall I had such a crazy week lol

Yall I had such a crazy week lol. I hope everyone had a way better week then I did 😂

Anyway, enough about me. Let's readddddd😁🩷

Chicago, IL📍Sunday, December 11th10pm

Chicago, IL📍
Sunday, December 11th
10pm

Working at the club on a Sunday night wasn't ideal for Kaliyah. Yet, she found herself standing in the middle of the stage right in front of the stripper pole. Money was flying every which way, that alone seemingly being her only motivation for getting through tonight.

Picking up these extra shifts at the club was simply apart of the plan to make more money towards her savings. It wasn't something Kaliyah enjoyed having to do, but she didn't have much of a choice in her eyes.

She had spent the last 3 hours dancing on stage, doing her routined sets with small breaks in between. Spending the entire night being the center of attention, paired with the smell of money, weed, and alcohol suffocating the air was starting to become tiring to her.

Kaliyah was secretly counting the days for when all this would be over. She figured maybe after graduation, she might even quit working at the club, and focus on being full time at the clinic instead until her money was fully up. She knew she had a lot of decisions to make in regard to planning for her future. After all, the club life was not a forever thing.

Finishing up her last set, Kaliyah went backstage to the dressing room. She was out of breath, sitting on a bench with a huge bag of money in front of her. She skimmed through the bag, seeing only $50's and $100 bills stuffed inside. If she had to guesstimate, she probably was holding a little over 10 thousand in cash. That was definitely a lot of money, especially for a simple 4 hour shift.

Making sure to stuff the money in her locker, Kaliyah made a mental note to count all of it later on before heading to the bank to deposit it. She huffed lightly, standing to her feet while glancing at the mirror in front of her. She ran her fingers down the mesh fabric that hugged her figure perfectly. Her locs were situated in double strand twists, shortening her length into a cute bob-cut style.